IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

POPLA Appeal (ECP) - Submitted - awaiting response

edited 13 February 2018 at 9:14AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
86 replies 15.2K views

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I was thinking of one where it was dark and the signs couldn't be seen, but maybe it wasn't as relevant as I thought.

You said this:
    The times indicated on the PCN say the vehicle was in the car park for 10 minutes and 48 seconds. The PCN shows ANPR images of a numberplate (the car itself is not visible in the image, nor is anything identifiable as the car park itself).

So can you work in an extra point, like the one in post #8 here?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5774840
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MikeHammerMikeHammer Forumite
    50 Posts
    Forumite
    I didn’t come across an Aire Street post where one of the points was not seeing signage due to the dark - I will search again in my lunch hour on Monday when I’m back on a PC (find it difficult on mobile!). Thank you for the pointer.

Thank you also for the link to the post you suggest - I have a part of my appeal that talks about the photographs not being identifiable as the actual car and *I think* I also mention the location but will double check and include any missing detail in line with your suggestion.

Thank you once again - almost there.

My job this weekend is to get some very strange looks whilst taking a stepladder and tape measure to measure the height of the entrance signs!

My next draft will have two additional diagrams (and accompanying text) showing entrance sign height and the fact your headlights will never illuminate the entrance sign on the left of the entrance, regardless of its height, due to the angle of entry from the one way street on which the car park is located.
    50 Posts
    Forumite
    Updated final draft here. Hoping this is the final version.

Main changes are in line with Coupon-Mad's suggestions above, plus the addition of a chunk about entrance signs in section 2.

Please ignore the formatting and page numbers as I'll tidy them before submitting.

I'd very much appreciate a final read through and any last comments as I hope to submit this tomorrow (which I think I do by attaching as a PDF and, at some point, selecting "other"??).

Thank you :)
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Wow, what a thing of beauty, a classic 'throw the kitchen sink at them' POPLA appeal that might well see ECP enter a 'no contest/we give up' answer. Hope so! Nice work!

I really like point #1, you've argued so well about grace periods.

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    50 Posts
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Wow, what a thing of beauty, a classic 'throw the kitchen sink at them' POPLA appeal that might well see ECP enter a 'no contest/we give up' answer. Hope so! Nice work!

I really like point #1, you've argued so well about grace periods.

:T
    Thank you and thank you so much for all your help and guidance throughout - it's been invaluable. Fingers crossed.

Do you know if there's a few sentences in a sticky somewhere that explains the right way to submit your POPLA appeal? Have heard mention of selecting "other" at some point which then allows you to attach a file. It's probably straight forward once I look at it.
  • cgh01cgh01 Forumite
    22 Posts
    Forumite
    ""These then get saved as PDFs and uploaded to POPLA under OTHER (ONLY) - do not think you only have 2000 characters in some box on the POPLA wepage!

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/new-popla-process.html ""

follow the pictorial thread from the above link to parking pranksters blog, found in the NEWBIES thread for POPLA appeals
    50 Posts
    Forumite
    cgh01 wrote: »
    ""These then get saved as PDFs and uploaded to POPLA under OTHER (ONLY) - do not think you only have 2000 characters in some box on the POPLA wepage!

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/new-popla-process.html ""

follow the pictorial thread from the above link to parking pranksters blog, found in the NEWBIES thread for POPLA appeals

Thank you - so I go with:

I was not improperly parked > Other
    The amount requested on the PCN is not correct > Other

?
  • cgh01cgh01 Forumite
    22 Posts
    Forumite
    yes that`s the correct path for appeal

good luck
    cgh01
    50 Posts
    Forumite
    Perfect - thank you :) (and thank you for the good luck)
    50 Posts
    Forumite
    POPLA appeal submitted. It's now a case of wait and see. How long does the operator have to respond?

When doing so, I selected "Other" from the main page, as instructed in the Newbie Sticky (which seems to contradict the Parking Prankster's blog where he selects three reasons!). There was a note saying that appeals selecting "Other" have less chance of success. Did I do the right thing?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides