New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 7:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.9K replies 184.8K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far today I am feeling more myself not as breathless just ear ache. I am not rushing back to work. I will take things easy today again. I haven't walked the puppy for about a week, DS has been taking her out. We are running out of food. We have enough breakfasts and lunches in freezer for DS but will need to get some chicken breasts for dinners. We are having a pack of thighs and drumsticks tonight from freezer that I picked up reduced from coop 69p I have rice in store cupboard and stir fry veg in fridge.
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad that you are getting better. I hope the earache goes soon. It's lovely outside. I am just waiting for one of my friends to visit. Then the handyman should be coming to fix the light in the lounge.

Then I am chilling and marking. I am taking it easy. Parents are coming at the weekend I can't wait. :)
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • edited 16 January 2018 at 11:25AM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 January 2018 at 11:25AM
    I have put a load of washing on but as soon as it started the sun went in and it started raining :( Its brightening up again now but the sky looks full of rain/snow so I am not sure whether to hang it out.

So far today I have

- played ball in house with puppy as I don't feel up to walking her. She's now snoozing so must have worn her out :rotfl:

- checked online banking current accounts & credit card. I have a lump ready to pay off credit card but I am waiting for my current account to switch over on 19th and my next credit card statement is not due till 21 Jan.

- checked coop energy account and they have now refunded the credit £43.83 which was left when I closed my account. Checked and found payment in current account. Will wait for account to switch and then decide what to do with the credit

- phoned chemist and order meds on repeat prescription

- emptied dishwasher

- one load washing just finishing.

Am feeling much better today ! Am also going to do an inventory of the freezer and see what is actually left in there. I may be feeling well enough to return to work tomorrow in which case I will go shopping on the way home.
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    15.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have done so much omg ive hardly done anything and it's my day off. Take it easy today and hopefully you will be at work soon.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chest pain has meant a return to GP more meds and a sick note for a week. Got some food shopping whilst waiting for prescription at chemist next door. Got very out of breath but had to be done as we were almost out of food. Last of the leftovers for lunch. Slept most of the afternoon with puppy on sofa. DS walked her before he went to work. Now I need to try and rest more !
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    15.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so sorry about the chest pain. Glad the dr has given you a sicknote. Rest as much as you can. I wasn't well today either.
  • edited 18 January 2018 at 9:49AM
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 January 2018 at 9:49AM
    Hope you are feeling better SW

I had a frozen meal fish pie from aldi for dinner last night 79p with some frozen peas, quick microwave meal was tasty and cheap. Today I am going to put a stew in the slow cooker. If the weather is like yesterday I will wash towels and hang out to dry, but won't be overdoing it.

I have had another (!) text from natwest to say my switch is progressing and my payees have been transferred so I will check that later and save a PDF of my final statement balance from Halifax.

I've also realised that feb and march are council tax and water rates free months as I pay over 10 months, so that money will go to pay my car tax due in feb and the rest into my holiday fund to visit family later in the year / Christmas. I should also get the £30 for switching gas and electric so that will be paid on my credit card together with the £125 switching bonus in April. Things are moving in the right direction, once I have paid off 0% credit card I can start saving more. At the moment I am only saving £50 a month to the birthdays / Christmas fund and £100 into the annual bills fund. I am using the long term savings I put away since starting this thread to pay off the house maintenance and alleyway etc which are currently on the credit card.
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    15.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's great that you have free months for Council Tax and water. It means you have extra money. Glad you are eating healthily. I wish I was. lol She says as she is munching McCoys that I bought on the way home.

I hope today was a good day.
  • edited 19 January 2018 at 7:38AM
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 January 2018 at 7:38AM
    Yesterday morning was sunny and windy so I managed to get towels and dressing gown dried on the line by 2pm when it started raining.

DS went to work with pasta bake for lunch from the freezer and instead of making a stew I made a curry for dinner with part of a pack of cubed beef. It was a big 700g pack so I didn't use all of it in the curry for 2 of us, there is enough beef left over to make a stew today in the slow cooker. I will cut the meat up small and put lots of carrots and swede in to pack it out and it will make a couple of meals for me that can go in the freezer (DS doesn't like stew). I bought a chicken the other day so I will roast that tonight with veg for dinner before DS goes on night shift.

I put baking powder on the carpet in the dog room yesterday and then hoovered to get rid of doggy odour. My little cordless vac is fab but I did get a bit out of breath and ended up using the inhaler the doc gave me, so I wont be doing any more hoovering for a while until my chest infection has totally cleared up. I am feeling a lot better though. I had a snooze on the sofa in the afternoon and then watched a DVD which was a Christmas pressie from my sister, The Girl on the Train which I thought was a grippingly good film.

Its supposed to be another good drying day today before rain/snow all weekend so I am going to wash some bedding and maybe the throws on the dog sofa. I have to go to the chemist and pick up my diabetes meds but that is just a short 10 min car drive so shouldn't be too difficult door to door. I will post my sick(fit?) note to work on the way as I pass the postbox after taking a copy on my printer/scanner. I have a second class stamp left from the ones I bought at Christmas. As its the weekend I might go through the McD drive thru on the way home and treat myself to the big mac and fries deal for £1.99 with the survey code on my last receipt. :p

My banking switch is meant to complete today. I thought the funds would have transferred overnight but I have checked online banking and it hasn't gone through yet. Perhaps it will be later today I will check again later and if still no joy I will phone the switching team and see what's going on as I don't want to leave it over the weekend. ** have just logged into online banking again 7.35 am and funds have now transferred yay !!
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    15.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are staying so positive which is great. I will try to see if i can see the film on my NOW tv box if it is on there. I'm glad you liked it. Well done on the switch going through. I have asked mine to go through in February as work will mess up my salary payment if I don't give them enough notice.

I haven't used the outside to dry clothes for ages. The weather isn't so nice. It's snowing in Birmingham where my brother is. OMG.

Do not tire yourself out. Please rest as much as possible.