edited 19 January 2018 at 11:20AM in Mobiles
16 replies 6.2K views
2»

Replies

• Kim_13Kim_13 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Intrepid Forum Explorer Newshound!
    ✭✭✭
    Mum has not topped up her account since December 2016, so a chargeable activity every 6 months would appear to be the criteria that they are enforcing at present, rather than a top up.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £19.55/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £20.75/£180.00
  • edited 17 March 2018 at 1:57PM
    ask66ask66 Forumite
    87 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts
    edited 17 March 2018 at 1:57PM
    Last summer, when I was looking to change provider, I emailed the CEO of O2 and have a clear reply that you don't need to top up every 6 months, you just have to use the phone for a chargeable call/text/data once every 6 months. I mentioned the confusing wording on the website and they assured me that their email was correct, regardless of what it said on the website. That's good enough for me!
  • Ian011Ian011 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given that was six months ago, it is clear that O2 have failed to follow this up internally and get the wording fixed.
  • d123d123 Forumite
    8.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ian011 wrote: »
    Given that was six months ago, it is clear that O2 have failed to follow this up internally and get the wording fixed.

As it’s o2, that’s not really surprising, is it?
    ====
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    virgo17 wrote: »
    Looking at the terms and conditions, they state that a top up (min £10) must be made every six months. If this is enforced, it will mirror the model used by Telefonica, their parent company in Spain. In the Spanish market, making a chargeable call does not count towards preventing suspension, a six monthly top up is required.

It will be interesting to see if this is actually implemented in UK. Although O2 staff say not, it will be interesting to see what transpires.

They are run as separate businesses - despite the common overarching ownership. The Spanish business isn't even branded O2.
  • nxfnxf Forumite
    14 posts
    As per other comments above, I too have come across poor web site wording.....the o2 web page that lists the new cheaper tariffs states: These rates apply to your classic Pay As You Go tariff from 3 August 2017.

This is another mistake as the previous 5p tariffs applied from 3 August 2017, they forgot to change the date the new tariff applies from!!!!