Kitchen Fit

Hello All

Need a bit of help. We have bought a kitchen through Wickes - yet to be delivered as waiting to confirm a fitter.

Now this is where the problem lies, as I'm sure I am being massively over quoted for what in turn is a relatively basic kitchen Fit.

Plan of kitchen https://ibb.co/c0JUEm

Brief detail of what is to be done:
Rip old kitchen out
Fit new kitchen, laminate work tops
Plumb in dishwasher/washing machine
Install duel fuel range cooker
Tile 4 tile splashback all around
Fit laminate floor
Move one radiator, needs to be turned effectively 90 degrees

No points have to be moved.

Can you let me know what this should be costing, broadly speaking +/- £500.

Replies

• cattiecattie Forumite
    8.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Who can say without actually seeing the room & dimensions in person.
    From your plan it doesn't look dissimilar to my kitchen which I had installed about 3 years ago. I think I paid around £2500 for the required work, which included cost of skip to take old kitchen & related rubbish away. These were tradesmen I'd used before, so not fitters working for or recommended by the kitchen supply company.

I'd had a quote of over £3500 from B&Q at the time when inquiring about what fitters would charge when buying a kitchen from them.
    Sourcing your own fitters tends to work out quite a bit cheaper.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • I had a B&Q kitchen fitted in my old flat about 2 years ago that looked about the size of your kitchen and paid about £2500 via privately found fitters, B&Q quoted about £1000 more. In comparison to yours mine didn't have to have the floor redone or anything with the radiator. Addition of the floor will probably cost a few hundred quid plus the cost of materials.

If you are wanting to move any electrical sockets or need gas pipes installing it will cost more.
  • I paid £2000 for fitting of mine (12 units or so), including ripping out, new plumbing (new supply and waste drilled through the wall into the utility room), £200 worth of MDF and fitting of bulkheads above units, fitting all appliances and fitting of new flooring (flooring cost not included). This was by a joiner.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals