PIP assessment report

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
12 replies 5K views
poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
13.5K Posts
10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
Finally almost 6 weeks after my daughters assessment the report was returned to DWP and today i recieved a copy. Can't even remember being that nervous as i was reading through it. Added up all the points scored and Enhanced for both. A very honest report from start to finish. Every single thing i told him during that assessment is in the report. Including extra evidence from contacting 2 people on the contacts list. Now i just have to wait for the decision. I know it's rare to go against the report so fingers crossed.

Thank you to Alice for your advice last week, much appreciated.

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _shel wrote: »
    Good luck x
    Thank you. Backdated money in the bank this morning, which reflects Enhanced rate for both. No decision letter as yet. I can relax for now, at least. :beer:
  • PrinzessileinPrinzessilein Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant news Poppy....good to hear of the times they get things right!

Hopefully the official award letter will come soon, and you (she) will have an 'ongoing' award with no more stress for a few years!

Settle down and relax now.....enjoy the run up to Christmas!
  • longleggedhairlongleggedhair Forumite
    417 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Pleased to hear your news.
  • Hi
    Has anyone any ideas how long you wait for a decision letter after receiving the PA4 (assessors report)
    I received my report in Monday’s post but am still waiting for the decision letter.
    Thanks
  • longleggedhairlongleggedhair Forumite
    417 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hi
    Has anyone any ideas how long you wait for a decision letter after receiving the PA4 (assessors report)
    I received my report in Monday’s post but am still waiting for the decision letter.
    Thanks

Probably about a week or so for them to make the decision, but the letter takes a couple of weeks to get to you. They had paid the money in my bank account a week before I received the letter. If you give them a call, when they have made the decision they will read it out over the phone, however to quote Poppy, they almost always go on the report, so you should have a fairly certain idea of what's happening from the report.
  • Thankyou so much for taking the time to answer so promptly
    My report is quite good so am worried that they might alter it but it seems that that they go mostly on what the assessor has recommended.
    Just hope the decision arrives before Christmas.
    Think I will give them a ring beginning of Christmas week if I’ve not received anything
    Thankyou
  • w06w06 Forumite
    917 Posts
    it varies widely, i had a text saying my report was with them the day of my assessment, decision was made 8 weeks later
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    77.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great result for your DD poppy :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi
    Thanks
    How long is a piece of string? Some people are waiting weeks while others just a week or even a few days. My daughters report arrived on Thursday last week. Backdated money in the bank Saturday (Bank pays early on weekends) decision letter didn't arrive till yesterday. Mostly they go with the report so if the report states an award then expect that.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals