Fitbit issues

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
3 replies 649 views
andymorrell01andymorrell01 Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
Hi All,
Not sure Im in the right place as new to this, but..
Having issues with Fitbit!! Bought a Surge in Feb 2015, 1st watch malfunctioned after 9 months so they sent replacement . The new watch then broke (strap near watch), after 10 months had another replacement. Now my 3rd watch has done the same,after 9 months again. Contacted Fitbit but they say that seeing over 2 years from original purchase it now cannot do anything!! Surely each watch should be covered?? They offered 25% off another product but I felt after 3 watches breaking they are not fit for purpose. (not 1 watch lasted 10 months). I would try the new Ionic but they say the 25% doesn't apply to that?? Anybody suggest anything more I can do?

Thanks
Andy

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Surely each watch should be covered??
    No. It's now as if you've had the original watch almost three years. If every replacement watch was "covered" by the original warranty, you'd effectively have an ever-lasting guarantee.

You now only have the option of either accepting the (generous) offer of 25% off a new watch or look for a similar product elsewhere.
  • I get that, and thanks for reply but if it breaks and the replaced ones break too, think they should last a year at least?
    % off new model doesn't work on one i want so have to start looking about!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I get that, and thanks for reply but if it breaks and the replaced ones break too, think they should last a year at least?
    All the watches you've had have been replaced, so you've had three years, albeit with several watches.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals