edited 1 September 2016 at 2:14PM in Savings & investments
2.1K replies 433.4K views

Replies

• bigadajbigadaj Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    badger09 wrote: »
    @ enator

Be careful what you post on this thread.

It'll just get deleted, like many other posts.
  • MalthusianMalthusian Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have not had any emails from MSE Investigation regarding this thread or any legal complaints made about it. If I had received any such emails, then I would not be allowed to disclose that I had. But as I haven't received any emails I'm free to say that I haven't.

Maybe I just haven't written anything that might upset London Capital & Finance but I've done my best to be nasty to their shills and to make categorical statements about the lack of FSCS protection and the ultra-high-risk nature of their unregulated minibonds.

As we are totally in the dark about why certain posts have been removed and certain posters permanently banned, it would be helpful if MSE could give us some clarity on what exactly we are and aren't allowed to say about London Capital & Finance.
  • ReaperReaper Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    I haven't been on much recently so I'm a bit slow on the update but ... dunstonh has been banned? Really??

One of the most helpful and knowledgeable posters on the whole forum. Is there any appeals system? If so I'd vouch for him.

If not maybe we should start a thread on the Feedback forum asking for him to be re-instated.
  • MalthusianMalthusian Forumite
    9.9K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have started a new thread on the Feedback forum here.

I personally have not asked for dunstonh to be reinstated because I have heard on good authority that a) dunstonh has already appealed and been dismissed b) even if MSE change their minds, he won't be back. But please feel free to leave your own feedback.

What I have asked instead is for MSE to clarify what exactly we can and can't say about London Capital & Finance so that we can continue to help the numerous first-time posters who ask us whether they should invest in it.

If I stop posting in the next few weeks, then assume I have been banned for asking the question - I'm not planning any sabbaticals to the Himalayas. This post is currently #146.
  • Not only will this forum be poorer without Dunstonh, so, quite literally, will a lot of individuals who will miss out on his invaluable financial guidance.
    It's a shame MSE don't have the cojones to follow the example of another notable finance forum when threatened:
    http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2014/03/11/mmm-receives-legal-threats-great-lawyer-wanted/
  • westvwestv Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Malthusian wrote: »

As we are totally in the dark about why certain posts have been removed and certain posters permanently banned, it would be helpful if MSE could give us some clarity on what exactly we are and aren't allowed to say about London Capital & Finance.

London Capital & Finance really do come across as the type of company that decent people should avoid.
  • jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    16K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    This post is currently #146.

Not anymore, something else seems to have gone and it's now #145. I wonder if these get edited too
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • cloud_dogcloud_dog Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    So just to summarise....

London Capital and Finance offer extremely high risk investment opportunities that are not FSCS protected.

High Risk = possibility of loosing 100% of your investment.
    No FSCS Protection = You are not covered by the FSCS £85k deposit protection on your investment.

What's not to like ;)

I am post No. 150, and i endorse this post
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • SuperscroogeSuperscrooge Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have started a new thread on the Feedback forum here.

I personally have not asked for dunstonh to be reinstated because I have heard on good authority that a) dunstonh has already appealed and been dismissed b) even if MSE change their minds, he won't be back. But please feel free to leave your own feedback.

What I have asked instead is for MSE to clarify what exactly we can and can't say about London Capital & Finance so that we can continue to help the numerous first-time posters who ask us whether they should invest in it.

If I stop posting in the next few weeks, then assume I have been banned for asking the question - I'm not planning any sabbaticals to the Himalayas. This post is currently #146.

That's sad news, that dunstonh won't be back even if MSE change their minds?
    I found his posts very helpful and he will be sadly missed.
  • VortigernVortigern Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    jimjames wrote: »
    Not anymore, something else seems to have gone and it's now #145. I wonder if these get edited too
    I think the most recent post to disappear was the one by MartyF, quoted several times above. It possibly fell victim to the spam button. ;)

Will MartyF complain and have that post restored?