London Capital and Finance

edited 1 September 2016 at 2:14PM in Savings & investments
2.1K replies 433.4K views

Replies

• bigadajbigadaj Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    bowlhead99 wrote: »
    The first rule of PPR club is you do not talk about PPR club.
    The second rule of PPR club is you do not talk about PPR club.

The third rule may be that you don't try to satirise events using popular movie quotes, else the post in which they are contained will silently be removed without anyone contacting you about it. I'm merely reposting the above comment in case it was an accident that the previous time I posted it, it disappeared. :)

Doesn't look like it, as your post was a response to mine which has also been removed.

A very bizarre thread for mse to get so officious about, unless there is secret legal action, though this is normally notified.
  • robatworkrobatwork Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The first rule of PPR club is you do not talk about PPR club.
    The second rule of PPR club is you do not talk about PPR club.

The third rule may be that you don't try to satirise events using popular movie quotes, else the post in which they are contained will silently be removed without anyone contacting you about it. I'm merely reposting the above comment in case it was an accident that the previous time I posted it, it disappeared. :)

Please be careful if only in jest! Don't want to lose the 2 most helpful MSE savings experts on the same meaningless thread.
  • bowlhead99bowlhead99 Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Post of the Month
    Forumite
    robatwork wrote: »
    Please be careful if only in jest! Don't want to lose the 2 most helpful MSE savings experts on the same meaningless thread.
    Based on MSE Andrea's current signature, she is away until after next weekend. Perhaps at that point there will be more bans to come for those of us being a bit too flippant. I expect posting similar text again after it has been removed could be deemed spamming - I only reposted it as I hadn't had any communication it was being removed and it didn't seem to break any moral boundaries or libel laws so I thought perhaps the removal was unintentional or by accident.

The valid purpose of my comment was initially to warn bigadaj that he risked the forum team's wrath by discussing the circumstances of someone else's ban - the rules say not to talk about PPR'd users because they can't respond.

In this case though I'm sure very few people have anything majorly bad to say about dearly departed dunstonh - by contrast, some of the thousands he has helped or may help in future would undoubtedly sign a petition to keep him if the facility existed.
  • HappyHarryHappyHarry Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    In this case though I'm sure very few people have anything majorly bad to say about dearly departed dunstonh - by contrast, some of the thousands he has helped or may help in future would undoubtedly sign a petition to keep him if the facility existed.

Setting up a poll? Would be good to see dunstonh back. Assuming dunstonh would want to be back?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • Presumably MSE may take a dim view of such an action and especially of the user who set it up!

Sounds like an excellent idea!

Of course they could just explain exactly why they take such an action.

I have not seen anything which would justify this heavy handed action. I did see one of dunstanh's posts which was deleted and it seemed fairly innocuous to me.
  • bigadajbigadaj Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Much as the site would promote the issues around being a helpful and moneysaving forum it's ultimately a multi million pound business ultimately owned by money supermarket.

Martin would like the idea that things haven't changed in the many years since starting but they obviously have, as stated I'm particularly disappointed in the sites stance on these sort of investments as they appear to be marketed as being misleading, the telegraph today has an advert for castle trust in a similar vein, stating capital is at risk but appearing like a bank account to many, particularly the elderly and financially naive.

If I get PPRd then so be it, my original post was just to clarify the reasoning behind dunstonhs ban as what he posted seemed very mild. He has had temporary bans before for spats with posters which seemed far more justifiable.

The value behind the forum is beginning to pall for me, maybe it's time here, age or the way the site and forum have changed. If the site traffic reduces then that is obviously not great for the site and their owners from a business perspective and if we can't debate points like this reasonably there seems little point in posting.

Somewhere like the p2pindependentforum is far more valuable to me now, and allows reasoned and sensible debate and sharing of information to allow suitable comment and due diligence on offerings, something that would immediately be banned here.
  • badger09badger09 Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    MartyF wrote: »
    I am an investor with LC&F and found them to be a fully professional setup. Interest is paid on time, and so far there have been no problems at all.
    This is a higher risk investment without any doubt, and should only be sought by persons understanding the risks. Never invest what you cannot afford to lose.
    However, from my own experience, my returns between 6.5% and 8% are excellent.

Thank you so much for signing up to this forum just to post this glowing review.

Please keep us updated.
  • enatorenator Forumite
    107 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Forumite
    I am an [STRIKE]investor[/STRIKE] employee with LC&F and found them to be a fully professional setup. [STRIKE]Interest[/STRIKE] Salary is paid on time, and so far there have been no problems at all (as long as the marks keep coughing up)
    This is a higher risk investment without any doubt, and should only be sought by persons understanding the risks. Never invest what you cannot afford to lose.
    However, from my own experience, my [STRIKE]returns between 6.5% and 8%[/STRIKE] salary is excellent.

Fixed that for you
  • badger09badger09 Forumite
    10.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    @ enator

Be careful what you post on this thread.
  • doe808doe808 Forumite
    451 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I am an investor with LC&F and found them to be a fully professional setup. Interest is paid on time, and so far there have been no problems at all.
    However, from my own experience, my returns between 6.5% and 8% are excellent.

My personal opinion is that I don't believe you.
    Total - £340.00

wins : £7.50 Virgin Vouchers, Nikon Coolpixs S550 x 2, I-Tunes Vouchers, £5 Esprit Voucher, Big Snap 2 (x2), Alaska Seafood book