3.5K replies 359.2K views

Replies

• Greying_PilgrimGreying_Pilgrim Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning :hello:

Slow start here at the towers. But at least we've spent no money :T

I've been knocked back for my ccp (ppi) claim. The bank reckon i was a 'good fit' for needing protection insurance. Because I haven't got my employment contract from 17+ years ago (was never issued with one - it was the public sector) they claim that my sickness pay wasn't sufficient. Is anyone on a contract now that would pay full pay for the first year you were off sick, falling to half pay for the following 6months or a year (can't precisely remember, but it was 6 mths min), and then after that you had to go and see the Occ. Health officer, and future pay was negotiable. I also haven't got bank statements/savings books from 17+ years ago, so I can't say if I had 1p in savings, £1k or........

Fed up of battling bureaucracy.

We've been keeping spending in check. We popped off for a little ovenight stop at the beginning of the week. It incorporated a visit to an NT place we wanted to see, and we took in the gardens of another by default. We had our own picnic stuff on day one, and bought a weddersp00ns brekkie on day 2 and some sangers. Would you believe b00ts worked out cheaper than gr33gs for butties? Still too ££ mind for what they were. Our o/night stop was in a trav-lodge. Cheap and cheerful and with onsite parking as it was just outside the tourist honeypot town.

Teas have been simple. We had black olive pizza and dirty tattie wedges last night. It'll be curried 'summat' tonight. And I've fish, chips and mushy peas set up for tomorrow.

Right, daylight is burning. Best get to doing summat, other than messaging folk on WA! :D

Ta for popping in and for your continued support. Appreciated.

Greying X
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    77.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that you had a good break.

Take the PPI to the http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad that you had a good break.

Take the PPI to the http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Sorry, beanie love, I should have responded to your valuable suggestion on brizzie's thread. Yes, Ombudsman is the way to go. It's just I'm up to my oxters in fighting bureaucracy in RL elsewhere at the moment, and I've quite frankly, had enough. It would have just been nice to have had the one example of ppi that I got lumbered with, rather than selected, pay back what I had to pay over the years. I will doubtless, eventually, follow your suggested course of action. But for the now................

Greying XX
    'Larger than the World's chaos, is it's miracles...' - Katherine Rundell, Author.

'I am not in the pursuit of happiness, only in the discovery of joy' - Joyce Grenfell
  • Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw Greying lass, you sound glum :( Have a hug ((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))) I quite understand about sometimes it just being one battle too many. My sister had good reason to fight a university over having a leave a course she loved, but just didn't have the energy because she was fighting the school/education authority over support for her child and just couldn't do both at the same time :( Life shouldn't have to be a fight all the time!

Glad you got away though and had a nice time :) Building jolly memories with Baby Greying :) xx
    Mortgage end date at start: Feb 2043
    Mortgage end date now: Feb 2033
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Cheery.

I'm saddened at your sister's situation. But know exactly the dilemma she faced.

I'm going to be the first to say that there are more, many more people in this world that are facing truly horrible situations on a minute-by-minute basis, that make my 'first world' problems look like the 'nowt but gnat-bite in the greater scheme of things' that they are. But I think we all have our saturation point. And mine has been reached. For now.

Greying X

• Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to think of your probpems as smaller ones just cos other people have bigger ones lass. You're right about saturation points. Sometimes things are just Too Much. I hope you're getting plenty of real life support with what's going on. Big hugs to all of you and as always, if there's anythig we can help with please just shout xxx
    Mortgage end date at start: Feb 2043
    Mortgage end date now: Feb 2033
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    77.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. We all as individuals have a saturation point.
    It doesent matter about others as they are all different.
    Dont mean that the way it probably reads.
    Keep plodding & take care xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • HiddenidenityHiddenidenity Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Echo the others.

Make sure you look after yourself, I'm sure BG will be providing lots of smiles and hugs x
    4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Sunday again - gosh, time flies.

Not too sure what is on the agenda today. But BG has been up and raring to greet the day since before 6am, so........

At least we're breakfasted and fully awake, so it has it's up side :D

I could do with constructing a meal plan. I've yet another busy week ahead - like buses these busy weeks! :D But I wouldn't swap it for the world, so just need to get organised :D

I'm up to date with my spending diary, and we're not doing too bad, considering we're almost half way through the month and have had extra 'leisure' spending. We're doing alright :D

Tea last night was lentil dhal (out the freezer), carrot korma and basmati rice. Actually quite a pleasing plate of curry. I remain sad that BG hasn't really embraced curry as a foodstuff. Especially as I didn't have to alter what I ate when i was pregnant, so they got exposed to all the spices and flavourings that I use now :( Ah well, we'll keep plugging.

Tea this evening will be fish, oven chips and mushy peas, unless we do absolutely nothing with the day and I feel shamed into preparing a 15 course Mongolian-inspired feast to justify taking up space and oxygen on planet earth.......... :rotfl: Best get planning summat constructive, quick! :rotfl:

Can't think of owt else MS, so best vamoose.

Ta for popping in reading and commenting. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X

4.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭

We ended up popping over to the local natty trusty place yesterday. It was just the ticket. We took some sandwiches and fruit (no cake as it had been eaten :() and a flask. It's a popular spot and the car park is always heaving, but we dropped lucky and found a spot nearish to the entrance. We waded through the crowds and headed out to our favourite spot in the garden. It was quiet, *our* seat was clean, dry and vacant, and the weather was clement :j We had a wonderful time and brought home a selection of windfall apples for a financial donation to the 'garden upkeep fund'.

Tea last night was fish, oven chips and mushy peas. The fish was OK (mrT) but was only cheaper than the y0ungz ones I normally buy from h3r0n, because it was on special offer. However, it was nice, and we shall enjoy the remaining fillets from the freezer. The own brand (mrT again) oven chips weren't so good - too many itty bitty bits that cooked too quickly in comparison to the rest of the chips, so I'll use up what remains, but not buy them again. Mushy peas were mrL's and were up to their usual standard - will continue to buy them :D

Tea tonight will be the remainder of the filo/chickpea pie that I made a few weeks ago, with baked tatties and veg. I've already remembered to remove the pie from the freezer to de-frost - go me! :rotfl:

I've sorted some of my meal plan - must finish it off just now.

I'll be trying to get out and about today - if only for a breath of fresh air, but the sky is currently a very funny colour and the sun looks like something out of a sci-fi movie, so perhaps wisest to not venture far from home.

De-cluttering is still going on. Albeit at a much reduced pace. This is partly because there are increasingly less things to clutter, and partly because some of the things are bulky/dirty (outside) or 50,00 other things need to occur before we can get rid of that particular item....... *sigh* However, the direction is forward, even if at glacial pace.......

Right, can't think of anything else MS to report on, so best get along and do summat constructive.

Ta for popping in. Appreciated. Greatly.

Greying X

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals