Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Birthday Freebies - which have you got?

New Post Advanced Search

Birthday Freebies - which have you got?

edited 19 February at 2:12PM in Freebies (no spend required)
59 replies 23.1K views
MSE_RhiannonMSE_Rhiannon MSE Staff
140 posts
Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Car Insurance Carver! Energy Saving Champion
MSE Staff
edited 19 February at 2:12PM in Freebies (no spend required)
BirthdayFreebies.png

Have you spotted a birthday freebie or discount?

We have a full list of them checked out with the relevant press offices.

Click "reply" below to discuss it or tell us if you've spotted one we don't have in the list :)
Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.

Replies

• LuckystarLuckystar Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    I had a £5 spend via the M&S Sparks card on my birthday but not sure if everyone gets it. Collected lots of the ones linked above ��
  • MSE_RhiannonMSE_Rhiannon MSE Staff
    140 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Car Insurance Carver! Energy Saving Champion
    MSE Staff
    Luckystar wrote: »
    I had a £5 spend via the M&S Sparks card on my birthday but not sure if everyone gets it. Collected lots of the ones linked above ��
    We did have this one on the list, but many people told us they weren't getting it, and M&S were a bit cagey on details of who gets it - so you may have been lucky :)
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • Chris25Chris25 Forumite
    12.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vintage Inns email a voucher for you to get a bottle of bubbly when 4 or more people have a main meal in the week before or after your birthday.

I was told in Hobbycraft that I'd get a £5 birthday voucher if I signed up for a loyalty card and gave them my D.O.B - I didn't receive one though.
  • mrs_ldsmrs_lds Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭✭✭
    £20 from hobbs
  • LEJCLEJC Forumite
    9.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    £20 from hobbs

Last year this was a voucher for a candle instore...has it now changed to a voucher to the value of £20?.....do they actually sell anything under £20...I've always thought their prices were much higher everytime I have browsed instore.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • mrs_ldsmrs_lds Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭✭✭
    LEJC wrote: »
    Last year this was a voucher for a candle instore...has it now changed to a voucher to the value of £20?.....do they actually sell anything under £20...I've always thought their prices were much higher everytime I have browsed instore.

I'm not sure might get a pair of tights in store.
  • edited 13 October 2017 at 6:51PM
    DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 October 2017 at 6:51PM
    To my amusement, I got a chit for a free bar of top end own brand Morrisons chocolate.
    And left son gawking as he held the shopping & I marched the coupon to the shelf, picked my preferred bar & pattered back to the till & redeemed it.
    There's still one piece left - it is *nice*, so I am rationing it to make it last longer!

Seems Body Shop, Superdrug, & IKEA, have all forgotten me & Playmobil have decided that I'm not a child. (Drat them.)
  • behinana restaurant always end you freebies when its your birthday...but you have to sign up to their newsletter
  • Hobbycraft Loyalty/Club card- not only does it give you a discount code on first registration it gives you a £5 voucher on your Birthday for use within 2 weeks. :-)
  • Chris25 wrote: »
    Vintage Inns email a voucher for you to get a bottle of bubbly when 4 or more people have a main meal in the week before or after your birthday.

I was told in Hobbycraft that I'd get a £5 birthday voucher if I signed up for a loyalty card and gave them my D.O.B - I didn't receive one though.

You should check with them as I got one ....maybe you need to be registered for a period of time before it kicks in?