PIP Changeover for NG area?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
9 replies 2.4K views
rvj87rvj87 Forumite
50 Posts
Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
Hi,
Is there anyone here who might know when the NG area is due to be selected for PIP changeover? I'm getting more and more nervous by the day; I keep hearing that the entire country is supposed to be on PIP by next month but I've yet to see anything at all from the DWP. Like most awaiting the dreaded brown envelope I am not looking forward to the process. I would like it to be over and done with sooner rather than later. Is there a way to find out from the DWP themselves without risking the loss of my DLA?

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rvj87 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is there anyone here who might know when the NG area is due to be selected for PIP changeover? I'm getting more and more nervous by the day; I keep hearing that the entire country is supposed to be on PIP by next month but I've yet to see anything at all from the DWP. Like most awaiting the dreaded brown envelope I am not looking forward to the process. I would like it to be over and done with sooner rather than later. Is there a way to find out from the DWP themselves without risking the loss of my DLA?
    You and many many other people are still waiting for the invite. It could be sometime next year that they finish the transfer over.

You can start to gather your evidence in the meantime, this will save time when you do get the invite. Or you can start the transfer yourself if you're that worried. I highly doubt that you'll want to do that though. Other than that there's nothing you can do until you get that letter.
  • w06w06 Forumite
    917 Posts
    but remember the stories that you read that are likely causing your anxiety are only a fraction of those transferred. Good news doesn't make the news, and especially the fora, so readily.

I too was worried about the transfer process, other than the wait it was absolutely as it should have been and I've ended up better off than I was before (went from indefinite mid care high mobility DLA to ongoing (not reviewed for at least 10 years) PIP enhanced rate both parts).

Try not to worry, it will happen in the next year or so.
  • kingfisherbluekingfisherblue Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    The date keeps being pushed back, as there is a backlog. As well as dealing with people moving over from DLA, there are, of course, new applications and children turning 16 as well.

I did enquire over three years ago about my son, because he was turning 16 and his mobility car was due to be replaced. I was told at the time that dated awards were being dealt with first, and indefinite awards would be later. My son has an indefinite award and hasn't been moved over yet. I'm not worrying. I've got too many other things going on in life to be watching out for a brown envelope that might not arrive for another twelve months.
  • Newly_retiredNewly_retired Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Do not worry. It will happen when it happens.
    At CAB Nottingham we can help with the PIP forms, and any appeals if needed.
  • TOBRUKTOBRUK Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    The date keeps being pushed back, as there is a backlog. As well as dealing with people moving over from DLA, there are, of course, new applications and children turning 16 as well.

I did enquire over three years ago about my son, because he was turning 16 and his mobility car was due to be replaced. I was told at the time that dated awards were being dealt with first, and indefinite awards would be later. My son has an indefinite award and hasn't been moved over yet. I'm not worrying. I've got too many other things going on in life to be watching out for a brown envelope that might not arrive for another twelve months.

I had DLA 'indefinite' award and have only recently gone through the process of this chaneover - forchunately I was successful and have been awarded PIP.
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There appears to be NO working / up to date Timetable for conversion on line, any longer !!
    DWP have either removed or stopped using the existing ones !!
  • I'm BR area which according to that withdrawn timetable document was supposed to have contacted everyone by tomorrow. Also most websites I can find still seem to claim this date.

I've yet to be asked to claim for it.. getting a little worried myself in case I lost a letter. I've still been getting my DLA.

I don't know if I should call them and ask about the form or not or just continue waiting.
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm BR area which according to that withdrawn timetable document was supposed to have contacted everyone by tomorrow. Also most websites I can find still seem to claim this date.

I've yet to be asked to claim for it.. getting a little worried myself in case I lost a letter. I've still been getting my DLA.

I don't know if I should call them and ask about the form or not or just continue waiting.

Same for many others - including myself
    If you want to be "done" - ok - but I would wait for the letter to arrive
    If you really want to be done - email [email protected] and ask them to send you a form !
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm BR area which according to that withdrawn timetable document was supposed to have contacted everyone by tomorrow. Also most websites I can find still seem to claim this date.

You and plenty of others are still waiting. It could be next year that you're contacted. If they had written to you asking you to apply for PIP already, then eventually your DLA would have stopped so no they haven't written to you. If you want to risk ringing them to ask then go ahead but i'd wait...that letter will arrive soon enough. Gather your evidence together then when the time comes you'll have less to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some

When you add £50 to gift card balance

MSE Deals