MSE News: Buying an iPhone 8? Here's our round-up of the best deals

in Mobiles
4 replies 3.4K views
Apple's iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are now on sale in the UK. Buying a new iPhone is never MoneySaving - but if you're determined to get one anyway, then buying it in the right way could save you almost £400...
Read the full story:
'Buying an iPhone 8? Here's our round-up of the best deals'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• PsyurmhPsyurmh Forumite
    9 Posts
    Third Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I think it may be possible to get £50 cashback through purchasing from carphone warehouse and top cashback. The offer is for non Samsung contracts so I presume this covers the one month deal already identified by MSE and would bring the cost down to £623 for an iPhone 8. Any thoughts?
  • ididntgetwhereiamtodayididntgetwhereiamtoday Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Do they still lock the iPhone network to the first sim inserted? And do they still have suspect customer service? I wouldn’t like to try and return a faulty iPhone to them after say 18 months. I would rather pay more from a reputable dealer.
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
  • mpa91mpa91 Forumite
    15 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts
    I have looked at reserving an iPhone 8 at an Apple store to then take advantage of iPhone Payments, as per the article. However I abandoned the reservation process as it insinuates that I am committing to also buying Apple Care and signing up to the iPhone Upgrade programme, rather than simply reserving a phone to then pay for in-store.
  • Daz_HendrixDaz_Hendrix Forumite
    1 Post
    Third Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    mpa91, I really wouldn't worry about that. Just complete the on-line order and when you get to the store, explain you want it on the 20 month payment plan only. Its no hassle, did it all today and not even any pressure sales patter to up-sell me to the applecare/change annually option.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Christmas Deals Predictor 2021

The hottest deals & best times to buy

MSE Deals