IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Have we heard this all before?

2

Replies

  • pappa_golfpappa_golf Forumite
    8.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    beamerguy wrote: »
    All very interesting. So, ATA's with no CoP of their own and
    no longer arbitors, simply become gatekeepers to the DVLA
    especially if they introduce an independent appeals service ?
    This would surely be the end of the IAS and POPLA

    There would be no need for two ATA's and if there still has
    to be an ATA which is not government controlled, the BPA
    would be the correct choice.
    The incentive for PPC's to join the IPC would be zero

    NO the goverment will act to check that both the BPA and the IPC are abiding by a code of conduct , thats the volentry code of conduct , the one that the members actually do not need to abide to ,,
    Save a Rachael

    buy a share in crapita
  • daveyjpdaveyjp Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Govt will end up being DVLA and we know how they operate!
  • fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The government will set up a committee with representatives from the BPA IPC, DVLA, CAB and some other people they think are experts and fail to take the bull by the horns yet again!
  • bargepolebargepole Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    NO the goverment will act to check that both the BPA and the IPC are abiding by a code of conduct , thats the volentry code of conduct , the one that the members actually do not need to abide to ,,

    Completely wrong.

    There will be nothing voluntary about the Code of Practice, it will be binding on all PPCs who are AOS members and wish to obtain DVLA data.

    The regulator will enforce the Code, not the BPA or IPC, and PPCs who are in breach can expect to be suspended from data access.

    I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 55, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • bargepolebargepole Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    fisherjim wrote: »
    The government will set up a committee with representatives from the BPA IPC, DVLA, CAB and some other people they think are experts and fail to take the bull by the horns yet again!

    Also completely wrong.

    The Committee that thrashes out the Code will contain more representatives of consumer bodies than it will from parking organisations.

    I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 55, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • fisherjimfisherjim Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    Also completely wrong.

    The Committee that thrashes out the Code will contain more representatives of consumer bodies than it will from parking organisations.

    All sounds promising we will see, but the government has not exactly done a great job of this to date!
  • bargepolebargepole Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    fisherjim wrote: »
    All sounds promising we will see, but the government has not exactly done a great job of this to date!

    It doesn't go as far as many of us might wish for, but you have to bear in mind that the Government's agenda in this Parliament, and the previous one, is largely dominated by the Brexit negotiations, and preparations for what is popularly and wrongly dubbed the 'Great Repeal Bill'.

    Politics is the art of the possible, and it has taken a deal of work behind the scenes to get this far, so please give this your support, and encourage your MP to be in the chamber to vote this through on the second reading.

    I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 55, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    .

    There will be nothing voluntary about the Code of Practice, it will be binding on all PPCs who are AOS members and wish to obtain DVLA data.

    The regulator will enforce the Code, not the BPA or IPC, and PPCs who are in breach can expect to be suspended from data access.

    Can't wait to see who the first PPC will be ?

    This forum will become very lively
  • edited 29 August 2017 at 4:31PM
    beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 August 2017 at 4:31PM
    bargepole wrote: »
    It doesn't go as far as many of us might wish for, but you have to bear in mind that the Government's agenda in this Parliament, and the previous one, is largely dominated by the Brexit negotiations, and preparations for what is popularly and wrongly dubbed the 'Great Repeal Bill'.

    Sorry Bargepole, I must query this statement.

    Brexit is one thing and I'm certain a lot of people in government
    are involved but ..... not everyone by far, Mrs May still has the UK
    to run ?
    We are not looking for the Brexit excuse to overlook other
    important matters. David Davies seems to be doing alright
    by himself

    "It doesn't go as far as many of us might wish for"

    That alone is of grave concern, indicating that the scam
    will continue

    Until we see the draft bill which you say will be along soon,
    It would be very difficult to ask an MP to support it
  • ComputersaysnoComputersaysno Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    beamerguy wrote: »
    "It doesn't go as far as many of us might wish for"

    That alone is of grave concern, indicating that the scam
    will continue



    I feel less concerned than you do.


    Yes it would be nice to have law/action that would allow PPCs to be bankrupted for their transgressions and their directors sent to prison...but that not going to happen.


    Instead it seems there will be an INDEPENDENT regulator, who will produce a MANDATORY code of conduct, with the penalty being NO ACCESS to DVLA data.


    No access to DVLA data would be the death knell for many PPCs...


    All in all, I'll take the above...and I suspect many on here would too.
    There's a very very easy way to get rid of scumco 'fines'...but I'm not allowed to say what it is...because it involves lying to scummy parking companies [which some people say is illegal!!] and that's 'not allowed'.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals