Forum Home» Phones & TV» TV MoneySaving

MSE News: Want a special edition 'Buy and Keep' film from Sky? Your DVD may not have

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Want a special edition 'Buy and Keep' film from Sky? Your DVD may not have

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
8 replies 2.2K views
MSE_Megan_FMSE_Megan_F Former MSE
418 posts
Newshound!
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
If you're about to buy a special edition film from the Sky Store, such as Beauty and the Beast, don't expect the DVD version to be all-singing all-dancing....
Read the full story:
'Want a special edition 'Buy and Keep' film from Sky? Your DVD may not have all the bells and whistles'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Forget all the "bells and whistles", the physical copy of the film is presented on DVD which not even in High Definition format!

The digital copy is HD, but is only available while a Sky subscriber. Basically, a very expensive way to purchase altogether...
  • ididntgetwhereiamtodayididntgetwhereiamtoday Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Forget all the "bells and whistles", the physical copy of the film is presented on DVD which not even in High Definition format!

The digital copy is HD, but is only available while a Sky subscriber. Basically, a very expensive way to purchase altogether...
    I don't think you're need to be a Sky subscriber to view your purchases.
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
  • PFieldPField Forumite
    89 posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    Certainly with the current contracts the Equipment is loaned to you and they want it back if you cancel your subscription.
    I see the Blu Ray version is £9 on line, so yes £13.99 is way to much for a standard definition DVD copy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I don't think you're need to be a Sky subscriber to view your purchases.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I fear without an active subscription, the digital download is no longer available to view (and certainly requires a Sky decoder).

I wasn't talking about the physical disc, of course.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I may also be wrong as I haven't used the service - but isn't the digital download available on Apple/Android devices ??
    I've only used the Sky Store when I've had a free offer -and I've taken the DVD as I can make my own digital copy from it.
  • edited 30 July 2017 at 4:05AM
    jamesdjamesd Forumite
    24K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 July 2017 at 4:05AM
    Does it really say 'digital only' and nothing else, like 'download only, no burning possible'? If it does, someone might want to tell Sky that DVDs have have been digital from their beginning, so it would include DVD versions.
  • edited 31 July 2017 at 2:37PM
    Roland_FlaggRoland_Flagg Forumite
    1.3K posts
    edited 31 July 2017 at 2:37PM
    Why would anyone want a dvd in 2017 anyway? Does the offer come with a betamax as well?
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone want a dvd in 2017 anyway? Does the offer come with a betamax as well?

Useful for kids films to play on car DVD set up!:)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support