edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
20 replies 6K views
2»

Replies

• SparxSparx Forumite
    909 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    This is a completely futile action I'm afraid. Even if the Bank can print statements (for which there will be a charge) showing payments to an Egg account this won't suddenly magic up any record of there being PPI on this account. You'll have achieved nothing that will help you make a valid complaint.

Possibly not, if it shows payments to the card, it will have the long card number usually i.e. the account number. This would help identify his account from any records or archives you would think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Sparx wrote: »
    Possibly not, if it shows payments to the card, it will have the long card number usually i.e. the account number. This would help identify his account from any records or archives you would think.
    While it's not impossible for a Bank's archives to be more easily accessible by account number than by name and address, the chances of account details of an old and closed Egg account actually being transferred across to Barclays are slim. Barclays have already said they have no records of any account or PPI. I still think a SAR is the only route likely to provide anything useful.
  • Yes thats my hope sparx
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Mariemcr99 wrote: »
    The claim, they say is dead unless i provide further account info.
    The claim is dead anyhow if you didn't have any PPI.

Even if you did have PPI, nothing you have said indicates that it was mis-sold to you.

Do bear this in mind if you intend spending money on a SAR and having statements printed.
  • antrobusantrobus Forumite
    17.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mariemcr99 wrote: »
    I had an egg card from about 2006 until 2008. I have no details of my card info.
    I was told when i rang Barclays, to send them in writing my name, address, and dob ( all of which were registered on my egg card )

They replied today saying they cannot find any record that i ever owned an egg card and that unless i send more information, then they're denying my claim for a ppi refund.

Any advice what to do next? My only thought is contacting my bank and asking for statements from that time period. I looked for one on my online banking account but they only go back 7 years.

The only purchase i made on the credit card was a £2000 tv from comet, which now no longer has a website.

Barclaycard bought Egg credit cards in 2011. If you closed your Egg credit card in 2008 there would be nothing for them to buy, so of course they don't have a record.:)

See:
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-1713774/Barclays-to-buy-Egg-credit-card-customers.html

You could try Canada Square Operations as Egg now calls itself.
    https://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/complaints-egg.do
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    antrobus wrote: »
    Barclaycard bought Egg credit cards in 2011. If you closed your Egg credit card in 2008 there would be nothing for them to buy, so of course they don't have a record.You could try Canada Square Operations as Egg now calls itself.
    Yes, Barclays will usually refer complainants to Canada square if there are likely to be records held by them.

Certainly worth an enquiry down that avenue, though the OP will still have the same hurdle of having no account details, documentation or even certainty that there was PPI.
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    They said unless i can send them more details within 6months, then consider the ppi claim denied.

I doubt they said that. I would think it was more likely they would say they could consider your complaint closed.

When a firm buys the book but not the company, they are only supplied relevant details of currently open accounts and perhaps very recently closed ones. They are not automatically supplied old details of long closed accounts.
  • WjgWjg Forumite
    2 Posts
    Hi.iv just received 13 years of data from Barclaycard regarding my EGG card .
  • WjgWjg Forumite
    2 Posts
    Hiniv just received 13 years of data from Barclaycard regarding my EGG card
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    33.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides