Are There Any 2018 Brides Posting On Here?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
28 replies 12.5K views
SallyUKSallyUK Forumite
2.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
I just wondered if there are - it would be interesting to get some ideas and see what their plans are.

Sal
x

Replies

• Munchkin84Munchkin84 Forumite
    387 Posts
    Yeah.
    June next year. Got the venue and registrar booked. May have found the dress. I think this year is going to fly by. Hopefully. I can't wait to get married.
  • SallyUKSallyUK Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello

Where are you getting married?

I visited two venues in Cheshire yesterday, but there were lots of hidden costs and neither of them really had the wow factor.

We're off up to Scotland on 19th June, to check some out there.

Sal
    x
    387 Posts
    We're getting married in a hotel ten minutes up the road from us in Suffolk.
    The manager at the hotel is brilliant and laid out all the costs at our first meeting.
    Good luck with your venue hunt.
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, it's proving to be much more difficult than I thought it would be.
  • TropicallyTropically Forumite
    427 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    London, June 2018. Nothing booked yet, only recently engaged. I'm trying to avoid outsourcing my wedding costs to guests by having cash bar or having it in a difficult location. I recently got back from a wedding in Wales where I spent £400 getting there, staying there, gift, coming home, booze etc.
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • FutureGirlFutureGirl Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Kent, August 2018!

Booked the venue, photographer, florist, cake maker, registrar, rings bought etc!

It's all super exciting. As we're having everything in one place, and the venue provide wedding breakfast + DJ + evening BBQ buffet etc, there isn't too much left for us to do except keep saving and buy the wedding dress / groomsman suit.

TBF we did book ours in 2015.
  • June 30th 2018, got ceremony room & registrar booked, venue for evening booked, dj & food booked, dress picked & deposit paid. Invites bought, table decorations in mind and started collecting them. Seen suit for my lil man and bridesmaid dress for my daughter, oh & I know what flowers we're having too lol. My friend told me I'm too organised haha ��
    387 Posts
    Wow. I'm getting married the day before you and thought I was doing well but I've only got half as much done.
    Venue and registrar booked. Best man sorted, photographer sorted and wedding insurance done.
  • wow you are all so organised, my partner wants to get married next uear bearing in mind only recently engaged like for two weeks and we wnat to do it abroad but researching it and some places are so complicated. not a thing sorted or organised apart from ive emailed a website called perfectweddingabroad. com and they will get back to me
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for replies!

I've finally found a venue! I visited it last Sunday and then went up to Scotland to view some there. (I'm from Ayrshire.) I did love a couple but it would have meant arranging transport to take the guests there (we're in West Yorkshire).

So came back home, we both still loved the one that we seen last Sunday in Cheshire, so have booked that and checked with registrar to see if they're available. So, it's all booked for 30th June 2018!!

Just need to find florist, entertainer, make-up artist, buy rings. I used to make wedding stationery for other people, so may as well make my own too!!

If anyone has any recommendations for the above in Chester, it would be gratefully appreciated! Xxx
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals