How to find a (retired?) person to give business/financial advice to small charity?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Small Biz MoneySaving
2 replies 2.7K views
stoozie1stoozie1 Forumite
656 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Small Biz MoneySaving

Question as per title really.

I have been advised to contact the local wing of the rotary club, but their secretary is unwell and I have not received a reply.

Many thanks for any suggestions.
Save 12 k in 2018 challenge member #79
Target 2018: 24k Jan 2018- £560 April £2670


  • rhcprhcp Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    You could also try here:
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    As eggha suggests, there may be a local volunteer centre of some kind, if you google 'Volunteer' plus your town / county / area you should find it. Ours is not council run (although partly council funded). Give them a ring and see if they can help - ours always used to have a register of IT consultants, for example, and they're always very helpful.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
This discussion has been closed.

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides