How to find a (retired?) person to give business/financial advice to small charity?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Small Biz MoneySaving
2 replies 2.7K views
stoozie1stoozie1 Forumite
656 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Small Biz MoneySaving

Question as per title really.

I have been advised to contact the local wing of the rotary club, but their secretary is unwell and I have not received a reply.

Many thanks for any suggestions.
Save 12 k in 2018 challenge member #79
Target 2018: 24k Jan 2018- £560 April £2670


  • rhcprhcp Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    You could also try here:
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    As eggha suggests, there may be a local volunteer centre of some kind, if you google 'Volunteer' plus your town / county / area you should find it. Ours is not council run (although partly council funded). Give them a ring and see if they can help - ours always used to have a register of IT consultants, for example, and they're always very helpful.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
This discussion has been closed.

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals