Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Things that made you smile - Page 206

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Things that made you smile

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
4.8K replies 277K views

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    colinw wrote: »
    Pail O'Grady on Radio 2 like his grumpy manner and he does make me laugh

Is 'Pail' an Irish name .....?
  • Sleazy wrote: »

Gosh I was startled at first - I thought another one had kicked the bucket:D
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »

Just more !!!! Typing from me!
  • When our dog stayed at the kennels for the first time and came home with a high pitched bark for two days, I think she was imitating the dog in the next kennel!
  • HighamKneeDeeHighamKneeDee Forumite
    747 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    My team on a goalfest yesterday. I'd like to think that Harry isn't a long term fallout of the win.
  • supersuzie50supersuzie50 Forumite
    76 posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I take my 96 year old mother out shopping every week. We frequently lose each other. My mother was standing looking lost. A young male assistant asked her if she was Ok. She responded she had lost her daughter. He replied - no problem - I will get you another daughter online!!!!!!!!! My mother replied no thank you - one is enough!!!!
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Penitent wrote: »
    The latest from Kellyanne Conway: “Surveillance could be conducted with microwaves that turn into cameras. We know this is a fact of modern life.”

Yep, transformer microwave cameras, just a fact of modern life.

Combine that with Sean Spicer explaining how when Trump said "Wiretapping" in his Tweet he did not actually mean Wire Tapping. The regime is almost beyond parody now......
  • Wizard_of_IdWizard_of_Id
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I shouldn't have but I smiled today when my dog banged his head on a lampost while he was looking over his shoulder at another dog we had just passed :)
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    colinw wrote: »
    Combine that with Sean Spicer explaining how when Trump said "Wiretapping" in his Tweet he did not actually mean Wire Tapping. The regime is almost beyond parody now......

More alternative facts?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going through kitbags of old clothes & finding I now have a smart pair of trousers for every day of the week. And an assortment of shirts, a lot of which are nice brands!
    This diet malarkey is paying off. Not having to go clothes shopping is a massive bonus!