Odd curtain rod attachments

I have some cylindrical curtain rods (3cm in diameter) that I want to use in a place I've just moved into. There are a number of attachments on the wall that are clearly meant for securing a curtain rod. They look sort of like a small version of an old screw style light bulb fixture. I have uploaded an image, at the following url:


To me, they look like they should have an extra fitting that goes into them to hold the curtain rods. Ideally I'd like to just buy the missing attachment, rather than buy and install new fixtures. I have no idea what such a fixture would be called or where I could buy them from. The proper name (rather than small light bulb thingy) of the existing fitting would be a good starting point. Any ideas?


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides