New Kitchen with Building Work - North Down

in N. Ireland
2 replies 2K views
CPSCPS Forumite
172 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
I am planning to get a new kitchen installed but it will also involve some building work to knock through from the kitchen to the Utility Room and a refurb the Utility Room.

Not sure how to go about getting quotes for all the work but would prefer one person / company to do it all as opposed to a separate builder and kitchen installer.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a kitchen installer / company who would also take on building work; or a builder who will install a new kitchen .... in the Greater north down area?

Thanks

Replies

• motorguymotorguy Forumite
    21.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want a kitchen installer doing building work?

Surely they're just going to subby it out and charge you extra?

Granted, you'll only have one !!! to kick if theres a problem, but personally i'd get the building work done by your builder of choice, then get the kitchen work down by your kitchen supplier of choice.

Finding one to do both is going to lead to compromises and extra cost to you.
  • CPSCPS Forumite
    172 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    motorguy wrote: »
    Why would you want a kitchen installer doing building work?

Surely they're just going to subby it out and charge you extra?

Granted, you'll only have one !!! to kick if theres a problem, but personally i'd get the building work done by your builder of choice, then get the kitchen work down by your kitchen supplier of choice.

Finding one to do both is going to lead to compromises and extra cost to you.

Thanks, makes sense. I guess what I meant is a lot of the Kitchen companies advertise they will do all of the work re installing a kitchen including plastering, plumbing, lighting, etc etc. Could be problematic drawing a line between what the Builder does / leaves me with and what the kitchen people will do and make sure there is no overlap. I guess I wont know until I start speaking to the relevant people.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides