Difficulty linking to site via search engine

in MSE Labs
6 replies 65 views
pineapplepineapple Forumite
6.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
When I click on moneysavingexpert.com there is no response. But if I go direct to the forums it works.Anyone else? Or is it me?

Replies

• jrtfanjrtfan Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi pineapple.

I've just accessed moneysavingexpert.com (the home page) via a Google search, without any bother. This was using Firefox browser on an android phone. Will it work for you if you try a different browser, maybe?
  • pineapplepineapple Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Forumite
    Thanks. I use Firefox too so it must be me. Funny thing is this is the only dead link - other sites work fine.
    Will check my settings.
    6.9K Posts
    Forumite
    pineapple wrote: »
    Thanks. I use Firefox too so it must be me. Funny thing is this is the only dead link - other sites work fine.
    Will check my settings.
    I have block pop up windows ticked. I made the site an exception and now the link works. But I still don't understand it. It was just the main site I had a problem with. I could always link straight to the forums.
  • jrtfanjrtfan Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    pineapple wrote: »
    I have block pop up windows ticked. I made the site an exception and now the link works. But I still don't understand it. It was just the main site I had a problem with. I could always link straight to the forums.

Did this start happening yesterday (Wednesday 18th)?

It's probably nothing more than coincidence, only the Tech team had been working on a fix for a problem to do with avatars, and this fix went live yesterday

(http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5538161&page=3 see post #81).

I wonder if there might be any connection?
  • BootsoxBootsox Forumite
    171 Posts
    A bit of a variation on a theme here:

Today, I've noticed for MSE forums that the normal arrangement of opening a posted link in a new tab does not happen (instead, the link opens in a new window).

Running Safari on a mac.

This does not happen on other websites, and there have been no changes my end, which makes me think it could be a website issue.

Please can the MSE team advise?
    6.9K Posts
    Forumite
    I thought I had sorted it but it must have been a fluke. I can go direct to the forums but links to the general site don't work. This is the only site where I have a problem. I have Firefox and still have the problem even if I disable all the add ons.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Last week's energy Q&A with MSE experts

MSE Forum

Ninja Kitchen air fryer & grill £175

Normally £250. Excl Northern Ireland

MSE Deals