MARTIN LEWIS Q&A WITH RISHI SUNAK
Chancellor Rishi Sunak joined Martin for a video Q&A to discuss the cost of living support package that was recently announced - you can watch it HERE

Actifry...or imilr....any experience/views/recommendations?

2»

Replies

• rosie383rosie383 Forumite
    5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so tempted to see if I can get one if their catalogues now that you've said that! I would be drooling too.
    I have never even seen a catalogue nor one of their stores. I want one!!!
    And btw, well done for figuring it out. I didn't even realise it was a veiled reference😜
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately you have to pay for their catalogues now! I used to have them sent out regularly when they were free but not any more.

Denise
  • happyandcontentedhappyandcontented Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    joedenise wrote: »
    Unfortunately you have to pay for their catalogues now! I used to have them sent out regularly when they were free but not any more.

Denise

I still get them regularly via the post but have never paid for them.
  • PrinzessileinPrinzessilein Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never paid for my catalogues....I get sent them once every 3 or 4 months - plus seasonal extras....last one was the Christmas edition....and they often come with a free-gift offer too.
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never paid for my catalogues....I get sent them once every 3 or 4 months - plus seasonal extras....last one was the Christmas edition....and they often come with a free-gift offer too.

Went into a shop just before Christmas and was told the catalogues now had to be paid for, however the Christmas one was free.

Denise
  • TiddlywinksTiddlywinks Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they've started to charge for them now and didn't send out the winter one - I had to buy it from the shop.

The catalogue then had some £1 vouchers in the back to off-set against future purchases.

I did complain about the change the last time I phoned them and they said that they are reviewing the change which was made because more people were now just shopping from the website.

Not me... one of my guilty pleasures has always been getting the Lakeland and Coopers catalogues - sitting there with a cuppa, a digestive or two and a red pen to circle my wish lists... bliss.
    :hello:
  • PrinzessileinPrinzessilein Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to update.....

I now have a Halo!

I have cooked a piece of chicken...beautifully!.....and last night I had a sort-of-stirfry! (Veggies were nicely and evenly cooked, maybe a little 'over' but that was a timing issue!)

I am very impressed. It looks as if it does everything I wanted - plus more.

I need to set it 'level' before opening the lid, as it is rather heavy for me...and cannot manage the handle gadget!....but that is a minor issue.

Thanks for the discussion and help all!

(Oh and re catalogue....both Mum and I were sent the Spring one for free.....maybe it is free by post and you pay in the shops?....or maybe of you order something they send you the next catalogue???)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides