UKPC wrong NTK

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
14 replies 1.2K views
HudeniseHudenise Forumite
8 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I may not be posting this properly. I received a windscreen PCN last month (20/11/2016) and since received two NTK from UKPC the same day (23/12/2016). I assume that they've got my address from the DVLA although your forum said that they cannot do so from October to December. However the first name on the NTK is correct but the last name is wrong. Would you be able to advise if I should send an online appeal to UKPC revealing my real name and if so should I use the wrong name as added argument in my appeal? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say wrong what do you mean, Smith instead of Smythe, or Black instead of White?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Johno100Johno100 Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    And how does the name appear on the V5c (AKA Log Book) for the vehicle?
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    51.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hudenise wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to the forum so I may not be posting this properly. I received a windscreen PCN last month (20/11/2016) and since received two NTK from UKPC the same day (23/12/2016). I assume that they've got my address from the DVLA although your forum said that they cannot do so from October to December. However the first name on the NTK is correct but the last name is wrong. Would you be able to advise if I should send an online appeal to UKPC revealing my real name and if so should I use the wrong name as added argument in my appeal? Thanks in advance.

That was a different company, not UKPC. Please confirm the identity of the PPC you are dealing with. Please also answer he questions by the previous posters.

Appeal as keeper anyway using the relevant template from the NEWBIES thread. If the PPC is indeed UKPC, then it will be the BPA template in blue. If you are dealing with a different PPC, you may need to use the other template.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • It was UKPC. However I never checked my V5C form and indeed the name on it is incorrect.... I need to correct my DVLA record indeed. For my appeal, is the fact that they sent me two NTK relevant? Or should I not mention it? I will use the template indicated in the Newbies' thread. Thanks for your help,
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    and since received two NTK from UKPC the same day (23/12/2016).
    Is the PCN number the same on both and does it match the windscreen PCN?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yes both NTK are identical and the PCN is the same on both and on my windscreen notice. The only difference is in the rectangle scan things near my name but otherwise no difference.
    96.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so send the usual appeal in the NEWBIES thread, online, calling yourself 'registered keeper'.
  • Hi,
    I sent the appeal as indicated in the forum and I received a letter from UKPC that I can provide them a valid parking permit (that I obviously don't have as there is no ticket machine covering where I was parked).
    If I can't provide such tickets, they say that they will make a decision on the current information they've got and provide me a POPLA code.
    They also say that their signages are fully complient with the BPA code of practice and therefore reject my claim.
    They also mentionned ParkingEye vs Beavis [2015, UKSC 67] to said that their parking charges on private land are enforceable and served a legitimate interest. They also said that the charge amount does not have to reflect any loss.
    They can't reveal the land owner or occupier as it is confidential.
    After asserting that they have the right to pursue me as car keeper and that they have the right to get my details from DVLA, they give me the option to pay the reduced right of £60.
    As my arguments were that 1) the signs were not obvious et 2) that I did not cause any loss of income nor obstructions to the owner/occupier land, what are my options?
    I can try to directly approach the gym (I was parked on the side of the driveway leading to it). I wrote to them without success.
    Should I pay the £60 or should I continue the process to POPLA? Is there any arguments I forgot? Thanks for your help
    96.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore that letter and wait for your POPLA code - they always send that rubbish to bother people!
    If I can't provide such tickets, they say that they will make a decision on the current information they've got and provide me a POPLA code.
    Exactly what you want.
  • HudeniseHudenise Forumite
    8 Posts
    Hi, I just received the POPLA code. I have 28days to send my request. Alternatively, I can pay the 'reduced' fee of £60... My concern is that my arguments are 1) that I did not cause any loss of business as the business was close, 2) that the sign, while placed on the wall of the business, was not obvious and 3) as I was parked against the curb, I did not block access. Are those enough for a POPLA appeal? How should I frame my arguments? any template available?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals