Court on 3rd Jan over UK PCP parking fines

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
44 replies 1.6K views
JenniflurJenniflur Forumite
24 Posts
So stupidly I got 4 parking tickets which I was told to ignore because it was on private land (flat communal car park, 2 in normal bays and 2 in disabled bay) where I was previously living with my boyfriend. He also got tickets but I think because his driving licence was to the flat address they haven't taken his tickets any further. My driving licence address was still at my parents house at the time. The tickets are currently standing at £160 each which a joke to be honest (now plus court fees) I am being taken to court on the 3rd January and a bit scared of how to fight this. We had a baby just before I got these tickets (which is why I was living there and using his pass to park there) so it was due to permit falling off the window and parking in disabled bay to run up and get something I forgot. I know the DVLA can fine for not changing address so a bit worried they will throw this back at me. No local solicitors will help me as its not a large enough case and the court are no help and never answer the phone. I'm worried what I will face when I go into court as I've never been in trouble with the law and the fines are totalling to over £800 already!

Also annoyed as I've read so much about this company being fraudsters and the amount they are charging is a crime itself. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides