Excel Parking and BW Legal

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
2 replies 374 views
AjpennellAjpennell Forumite
1 Post
I need some help and advice please. Over 12 month ago I joined a gym. With the membership came free parking on the excel parking site. I new this because it was stated in all my joining emails and terms of conditions. No where did it say that I needed to insert my registration into a computer to activate the free parking. Also after entering the gym and filling in the paper work and what not, the lass on the counter also didn't make me aware of the registration entering process. Blissfully unaware until the second time I entered the gym that I needed to insert my registration number.

I received the parking fine off excel parking for £60, I appealed this straight away. I received the second letter for £100, I appealed this straight away. I am now in a regular argument with BW legal. I have already emailed them all proof that I was in the gym, evidence from the gym itself. They get quite aggressive on the phone. I've told them on every single telephone conversation that I want to go to court, they keep on with the harassment.

Can anyone advise me of my next course of action? Is there a chance of me successfully winning a court case against them? Thanks for your help and advice in advance.

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    35K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes , plenty of people win court cases against excel or BW LEGAL

ideally you get the GYM to cancel the invoice (its an invoice , not a fine)

they are jointly and severally liable for this , so get tough with the gym

DO NOT TALK TO EITHER OF THEM ON THE PHONE - not EXCEL and not BW LEGAL either (only speak to the gym , preferably get something off the gym , in writing , even better if you get them to cancel the invoice

in the meantime , only deal with EXCEL or BW LEGAL if they actually write to you, by refuting their claim each and every time (this is usually the LBC stage , before court) - refuse to talk to them on the phone and never phone them , stop speking to them completely , get a paper trail for the judge to see if it goes that far

if you get an MCOL posted from Northampton CC , come back for help

if you get an LBC in writing from either excel or BW legal , search this forum using BW LEGAL for rebuttals to write back, these are short and sweet and usually written by GAN over on pepipoo forums
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    96.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Search this forum for 'BW Legal' and read Lamilad's thread, which you can find by searching the member's list and finding him/his posts.

If this was Cavendish Retail park, you should get yourself on the Facebook page about this:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/14878686.Keighley_Sports_Direct_gym_users_furious_after_receiving_parking_tickets/

Same advice as here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5578195

I believe on the Facebook page there is a person at the gym helping people to defend this rubbish.

Or is it elsewhere?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals