Parking in 'Visitor Parking' bays

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
2 replies 407 views
tptptptp Forumite
4 Posts
Hello,

I parked my car in a UKPCS car park without a permit, which serves a block of flats. There is a row of spaces adjacent to the wall with signs written with VISITOR PARKING for each bay. The issue was that I was going to see someone (not a friend) and assumed that I could park there as it appears that row was reserved for visitors. I'm not even sure if that's the car park for the block of flats they live in, it's not specified. But I got a ticket anyway.

It is not apparent who owns the car park or who I may contact about this. I am tempted to appeal as clearly it stated visitor parking but I doubt I can get them to act as a witness to back it up. Can I appeal solely on the basis of it stating 'visitor parking' on such a bay?

UKPCS appeals appear to belong to the independent appeals committee, not POPLA

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its actually UKCPS , and if this was a windscreen ticket then at the moment you should await an NTK after day 28 (between day 29 and day 56 if they get their DVLA KADOE link reapproved)

see other recent UKCPS threads for more info too

and get pics of the signs as well

and please read the IPC sections of the NEWBIES sticky thread

these parking companies rarely uphold any appeal, so any appeal is likely to fail , regardless of what you say or do
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    98K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I appeal solely on the basis of it stating 'visitor parking' on such a bay?
    Don't write your own appeal telling them who was driving and offering 'excuses'. Read the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides