edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
3 replies 980 views
BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
48.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Links in my signature currently broken
I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[

Replies

• droopsnootdroopsnoot Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    While I'm genuinely (not even tongue-in-cheek) advocating such things, when these spammers come and despoil a forum and post their URL, aren't they concerned that someone might get a little fed up with it and DDoS their web site? Or do they just have so little nous that it doesn't even occur to them, or assume that no-one will be bothered enough, or an acceptable risk of doing business?

You'd imagine, though, it would be relatively simple to write some code that would monitor the first few posts of a new user looking for the k-word and alert a mod. It's just a pity time has to be wasted on such things.
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a continual game , measures are put in place by the Webbies , the spammers do a work around

and DDOS would probably only prod them to do the same
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • BigglesBiggles Forumite
    8.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crikey, we even have kitchens on the Site Feedback forum today! Are they taking the wotnot?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5558410
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals