What do you do with keep sakes and cards

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Crafting
4 replies 5.2K views
nightsky224nightsky224 Forumite
877 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Crafting
Myself and my husband have boxes of "keepsakes" in the loft and now we have a 1yo the keepsakes are just increasing. We had her christening recently and I have 30 cards that I don't want to throw out! I want to order and clear out some stuff. We have tickets, brochures, cards (lots of cards!)
I was hoping to have some inspiration from you crafty lot 😀
Recently married and loving it x

Replies

• PasturesNewPasturesNew Forumite
    70.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    For the kiddie cards, I'd write the year on a slip of paper, then slide the whole lot into a ziplock plastic sandwich bag, then keep them all together in a plastic/lidded box. Each year you then only have to gather all the cards together, slide them into another bag and toss that in with the rest - so it's not hard to have as a routine.

For tickets/brochures etc .... you could just toss them in a shoebox, then over Xmas when you've time, spread them out on a table, take a photo of what's there, then put all those into another ziplock bag with a printed photo of what's in there... then toss that into the lidded box with the rest.
  • nightsky224nightsky224 Forumite
    877 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    For the kiddie cards, I'd write the year on a slip of paper, then slide the whole lot into a ziplock plastic sandwich bag, then keep them all together in a plastic/lidded box. Each year you then only have to gather all the cards together, slide them into another bag and toss that in with the rest - so it's not hard to have as a routine.

For tickets/brochures etc .... you could just toss them in a shoebox, then over Xmas when you've time, spread them out on a table, take a photo of what's there, then put all those into another ziplock bag with a printed photo of what's in there... then toss that into the lidded box with the rest.

That's a good idea for organisation. I'm worried it will spiral out of control and we are going to have a loft full of stuff we will never look at (our loft is so full as it is!!)
    Recently married and loving it x
  • AlwaysAllieAlwaysAllie Forumite
    360 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    If you don't want to keep actual cards you could photo or scan them and make a Photobook

AA
  • carefullycautiouscarefullycautious Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not kept any keepsakes. It is a lot easier to do now with the computer and scanners as you can make an online book.

I don't do sentimental and don't have the room even if I did. The only box I have has old photos in that should be scanned but every time I get it out I start looking through and the enormity of it makes me go :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals