Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

Whats the Best SIM only deal for x-net mins?

New Post Advanced Search

Whats the Best SIM only deal for x-net mins?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
7 replies 1.3K views
comdwcomdw Forumite
241 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
I'm looking for a good SIM-only deal - cheapest line rental with a decent amount of x-net minutes included (around 100 will do).

What are the current good deals?

Replies

• Think the best deal around to suit your purposes is the Nokia 3510i deal from Onestopphoneshop. Forward Cellular had a good deal for £25.99 for a Vodaphone SIM with 200 mins but this is now 30 mins from month 6. Have a look at the Free Nokia 3510i thread - effectively they pay you and in your case just use the SIM and sell the phone, making it cheaper again.
  • matrix999matrix999 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Orange have a new contract deal with 120 mins of X Network calls for £15.00 per month with new handset. http://www.orange.co.uk
  • comdwcomdw Forumite
    241 posts
    Think the best deal around to suit your purposes is the Nokia 3510i deal from Onestopphoneshop. Forward Cellular had a good deal for £25.99 for a Vodaphone SIM with 200 mins but this is now 30 mins from month 6. Have a look at the Free Nokia 3510i thread - effectively they pay you and in your case just use the SIM and sell the phone, making it cheaper again.

But don't I have to change tariffs after six months at which point I won't have enough x-net minutes, without paying full whack for them?

matrix999 - I'm pretty sure I can do better than £15 a month for 120 minutes, although it is a good benchmark as a good deal available directly from a provider.
  • Woby_TideWoby_Tide Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    matrix999 - I'm pretty sure I can do better than £15 a month for 120 minutes, although it is a good benchmark as a good deal available directly from a provider.

£15(120 mins + 30 txts) x 12 = £180

Samsung E700 sold for c.£150 on Ebay, net cost £30
  • comdw asked about the Nokia 3510i deal from Onestopphoneshop:
    don't I have to change tariffs after six months

No you don't!

You can stay on the tariff for the whole 12 months, which would make the cost for the year £75 for 200 mins/month.

Or - if 100 minutes is all you want, then change to the OVP Anytime 100 tariff after 6 months. It costs £22/month, so this makes the full annual cost £27!

(It would be even less if you used a cashback site to buy the phone)

You should be able to sell the phone for more than £27!
  • comdwcomdw Forumite
    241 posts
    ok these deals do make sense (I did the OSPS 3510i deal myself at the start of this year), however I'm after something a little less complicated as its for my Dad. He won't want to be bothered with selling phones on ebay or even making cashback claims.

I'm sure there were links to site that just sold SIM card deals a few months ago...
  • Try https://www.chatterbox.com/Index.aspx as they seem to have some very good sim only deals and also a good 3510i deal. :)
    I say what I like, I like what I say!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support