MSE News: Deadline for reclaiming PPI proposed for June 2019

edited 2 August 2016 at 4:56PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
3 replies 1.5K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
edited 2 August 2016 at 4:56PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
The FCA still plans to put a time-bar on PPI complaints, with the cut-off expected to be in place by June 2019...
Read the full story:
'Deadline for reclaiming PPI proposed for June 2019 – if in doubt, reclaim now'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I think this is long enough away. The PPI bandwagon has been slowly grinding to a halt for some time now.

Can't wait for this forum to fill up with posts stating "I was never aware of PPI mis-selling before now and I'm 1 day/10 days/1month/1year past the deadline. Can I still claim?":eek:;)
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    109.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It seems reasonable to put a timebar on it now. It has been going on over 10 years. There can't be a soul who has not been cold called (hundreds of times). With the awareness campaign that will follow, it will nicely put this to bed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • EctophileEctophile Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    So we're looking at nearly 3 years more of nuisance phone calls and spam text messages all trying desperately to get us to claim PPI refunds.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides