Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

The Good Morning thread - Page 1172

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

The Good Morning thread

edited 8 September 2015 at 8:31PM in The Money Savers Arms
24K replies 918.1K views

Replies

• PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello you, you missed me?:rotfl:

Not really.

:p

Why have you got someone else's avatar?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• indesisivindesisiv Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pyxis wrote: »

Why have you got someone else's avatar?

I was thinking that .... that's the avatar of V4M ?
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the second time recently that I've seen someone with somebody else's avatar.

Is it a systems fault, or is it deliberate?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).
    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

6.4K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the second time recently that I've seen someone with somebody else's avatar.

It does seem a tad odd. I saw another one the other day too. Can't remember where or I would check that one too.
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    indesisiv wrote: »
    It does seem a tad odd. I saw another one the other day too. Can't remember where or I would check that one too.

It was Conrad and someone else........
    Mistermeaner
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    6.4K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was Conrad and someone else........
    Mistermeaner

That's the one, and yeah they still have the same avatars.
  • mattj90mattj90 Forumite
    3 posts
    Haha TGIF!!
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It must be the end of term! :rotfl:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Exile_geordieExile_geordie Forumite
    5.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Someone else has my avatar. This is the second time V4M has stolen my avatar :D
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
  • PyxisPyxis Forumite
    46.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else has my avatar. This is the second time V4M has stolen my avatar :D

Who's got yours then?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support