Can he claim for dental treatment

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
25 replies 5.4K views
maggiesoup1maggiesoup1 Forumite
186 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Benefits & Tax Credits
Son just graduated a couple of weeks ago. He's staying at home while looking for work so doesn't need to claim for any benefit but he recently attended the dentist for a filling and was charged £20. Don't mind feeding and sheltering him free (for the meantime!) but not keen on paying for his dental treatment too.

As he's a non earner can he claim this back or does he have to "sign on" If it's the latter, how can he register but not actually draw down any jobseeker's allowance (if that's what it's called?)

Sorry, this is all new to me! Hope I don't sound too mean.


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals