New Post Advanced Search

Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2016

3K replies 438K views

Replies

• vanilla8vanilla8 Forumite
    650 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    am05 wrote: »
    We booked through hotels.com so ours is all gambling too was this at aria?

I would ask the night before, if you don't get anything off ask to speak to a host.

In comparison to all the other mlife hotels we have had comps from (Monte Carlo, Mirage, Luxor, NYNY) we found Aria to be the most stingy, we were grateful for something as we also had a F&B offer on our room rate
  • bobbyhibsbobbyhibs Forumite
    619 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    Sounds like you had a good trip Bobby. Coming back with money is always good.

yep it was thanks!
    it's just all the travelling and waiting to get off the plane and more waiting for bags that annoys me really!

i do wonder if its ever too soon to book up again though, lol!

just next time will prob do most of the bookings myself, had a family freind do the booking(at a good price imo) for us.

just prob IF and a big if next year will try for busineess/first class though, never done either though so will see if deals pop up

kind regards
  • edited 16 June 2016 at 2:06PM
    blindmanblindman Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 June 2016 at 2:06PM
    bobbyhibs wrote: »
    yep it was thanks!
    it's just all the travelling and waiting to get off the plane and more waiting for bags that annoys me really!

i do wonder if its ever too soon to book up again though, lol!

just next time will prob do most of the bookings myself, had a family freind do the booking(at a good price imo) for us.

just prob IF and a big if next year will try for busineess/first class though, never done either though so will see if deals pop up

kind regards

There is a BA "sale" starting today

Mainly Business and First
  • bobbyhibsbobbyhibs Forumite
    619 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    blindman wrote: »
    There is a BA "sale" starting today

Mainly Business and First

will have a look thanks
  • edited 16 June 2016 at 5:44PM
    secretmachinessecretmachines Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 16 June 2016 at 5:44PM
    i appreciate it's all a bit subjective, but does £633pp sound a good deal for direct flights, flying LHR-WAS, LAS-LGW in April 2017 - economy with Virgin?

Looking at doing a 2-stop trip, few nights in WAS, then a few nights in LAS :)

would only consider direct flights to/from home as it'd be a broken up trip anyway.
  • pebblesmaxpebblesmax Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    That looks a bit steep to me, but I'm cheap.
  • secretmachinessecretmachines Forumite
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    That looks a bit steep to me, but I'm cheap.

i suppose i'm comparing it to a straight direct return LGW-LAS, which would usually be the thick end of £700...
  • pebblesmaxpebblesmax Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    i suppose i'm comparing it to a straight direct return LGW-LAS, which would usually be the thick end of £700...
    We haven't paid more than £600 for a direct flight from Manchester since Virgin started their service from there. Maybe we've been lucky. I think £585 was the most expensive. The one earlier this year was £530.
  • gracie10gracie10 Forumite
    549 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    If its during the school holidays in april then i would say that is cheap and a great deal!
  • secretmachinessecretmachines Forumite
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    We haven't paid more than £600 for a direct flight from Manchester since Virgin started their service from there. Maybe we've been lucky. I think £585 was the most expensive. The one earlier this year was £530.

I've not seen them that low from Gatwick for a couple of years :( ... not at times we' be able to go anyway (usually Apr or Sept)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support