The MFW Shrinking the Mortgage and the Waistline challenge.

edited 30 April 2016 at 8:06AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
152 replies 11.2K views

Replies

• Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in please - I would like to aim for 8lbs off by 24 June when I go on holiday. I go to WW and this would get me back at goal and free again. Lost 6lb so far.
    Christmas Savings 2021 £518.15/£600
    Emergency Fund £5400/£10,000
    September NSD: 6/12
  • muddywhitechickenmuddywhitechicken Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning :)

Today's food:

Weetabix protein x 2, 1% milk & stewed apple with 1 tsp sugar (I don't do artificial sweeteners)
    Pea & mint soup with crusty bread (work canteen)
    Borlotti bean & tuna salad with balsamic roast onions
    Melon, carrots/cherry tomatoes, apple/mini babybel light/almonds x 10 and an orange (if I'm ravenous) for snacks

Today's exercise:

Gym x 30 minutes before work
    30 minute brisk walk at lunch time
    Walk to supermarket this evening?

I was ravenous - no surprise there :rotfl: and I did go for a walk this evening - 18,500 steps today :T
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Outstanding balance: <£29,500 :j
    Current total overpayments: ~£128,750
  • in_need_of_directionin_need_of_direction Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I join this band of merry men. I'd like to lose 11lbs by the end of June. Won't be following any particular plan other than trying to significantly reduce my sugar intake while moving a bit more.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £52649.74.18 Offset fund today 2833.03 0
    Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:j
    Weight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 13st 1lb
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.:T
  • Eager_ElephantEager_Elephant Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to everyone who has joined the thread.....

Today was a non-fast day so my calorie intake has to be around 1880.

I have had:

Breakfast: Egg on toast
    Lunch: Half a GF wrap with hummus and veg
    Tea: Omelette, chips and salad
    Snacks: Snack-a-jacks, Mango soya yoghurt
    Drinks: 3 soya milk coffees, Pepsi Max and some no added sugar squash

I have about 100 calories left so I might have a triangle of Toblerone.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    77K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Funeral today.
    Eating truly dire.
    Is all.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • I think that under the circumstances that is allowed Beanie (hugs).
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • Another long 14 hour day for me so food shouldn't be too much of a problem. I am quite interested in the 5:2 thing if anyone can shed any light?

Breakfast will consist of half a tin of beans, and egg and some fried mushrooms (can you tell it's the end of the month)
    Hummus wrap for lunch and pasta with pesto for my late break.

I will have a sneaky peek at the scales in the morning to see if I have lost anything this week as Friday is a good weigh in day for me. What does everyone else think? Shall we have our first official weigh in next Friday?

Getting quite motivated by this little thread knowing that I have fellow companions.
  • Count me in please!

I reached my WW goal weight last week (after losing 41 lbs since January 2015 and having a bit of a blip earlier this year); however, I'm still at the very top of the healthy BMI range and to be honest I could really doing with losing another 7 lbs... I reckon it's going to take me at least another 2 months but by being at "goal" now I save at least £29 on WW fees :T

Congratulations on getting to goal, fantastic weight loss :T I am also a GOLD WW member so no longer pay but as i have crept over the allowed 5lbs I am avoiding the meetings until I can be back in goal range otherwise I will have to start paying again:o
  • Eager_ElephantEager_Elephant Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another long 14 hour day for me so food shouldn't be too much of a problem. I am quite interested in the 5:2 thing if anyone can shed any light?

Breakfast will consist of half a tin of beans, and egg and some fried mushrooms (can you tell it's the end of the month)
    Hummus wrap for lunch and pasta with pesto for my late break.

I will have a sneaky peek at the scales in the morning to see if I have lost anything this week as Friday is a good weigh in day for me. What does everyone else think? Shall we have our first official weigh in next Friday?

Getting quite motivated by this little thread knowing that I have fellow companions.

The general gist of the 5:2 is that for 5 days of the week you eat normally (up to your TDEE - total daily energy expenditure) and on the other 2 you fast and only consume 500 calories (600 for men).

This is the website of the guy that created it - https://thefastdiet.co.uk/

I used the TDEE calculator on there to find out what calories I need to take in just to keep at the same weight.

I have as close to 1880 calories for 5 days and then stick to 500 for the other 2.

I track all my calories in My Fitness Pal so I can see what I have had so far - my eating previously was awful.

On a fast day I find it easier to only have 1 meal which I have in the evening - some people have 2 or 3 smaller meals but I find as soon as I eat I want to keep eating. I drink soya milk coffee throughout the day - each cup is about 80 calories so my evening meal is only about 250 calories but a vegetable curry works out very low in calories.

I have been weighing in every Friday for the last few weeks so I am happy with that day. I will be weighing in tomorrow (but only because I have been doing this way of eating for 5 weeks now and want to track weekly progress)
  • Thanks EE, that is very helpful. I will look into it
    Light x
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals