Forum Home » Marriage, Relationships & Families

Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 12 - Page 430

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 12

4.3K replies 335.2K views

Replies

• sexymousesexymouse Forumite
    6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I've just looked at countdown to pregnancy, and I started spotting at 11dpo last month. Ovulation was earlier this month so maybe AF is on her way after all. :(
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon <3 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £374.50/£2020
  • MeepmeepMeepmeep Forumite
    69 posts
    CD13 for me today. I've been busy with family stuff abroad for a few weeks - keep getting asked how my holiday was and having to smile and say 'great' when what I really want to say is 'bloody stressful' !

I'm using the clear blue advanced sticks (the disposable ones that give you high and peak readings) and showing a high today but can't do anything about it as OH is working away during the week. We agreed that if I got a peak then we'd meet up in a hotel midway for a few hours after work. Let me tell you, I felt like I was having an affair; I felt so embarrassed checking out of a hotel only a short while after checking in!! Needless to say, didn't work last month and I'm feeling downhearted about the lack of opportunity to BD and wondering if I'd have a different result if we could do the deed throughout the fertile period rather than just one or two times. Can't really ask the OH to give up work - or maybe I should lol.

I wanted to ask - given my limited window to BD do you think I'd be better off temping? What's the difference - is it really more accurate than the sticks? With the sticks once you hit a peak the instructions say you will ovulate 12-36 hours later I think. Would temping give me a smaller more accurate time scale???

I hate the fact I have to be so focused on this - wish I were younger, but just keep thinking its this year or likely never....

on the subject of acupuncture - I love it. No idea if it helps with the conception but it works wonders for pain so I do have faith in it.

Hoping you're wrong about the AF mouse, will be keeping everything crossed for you
  • cats2012cats2012 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    meep meep temping is the only definite proof that you have already ov'd. It doesn't work as a predictor - only confirms when it has happened. But people can have LH surges of different lengths so can get +ve opks for a couple of days, plus it is possible to surge and not ovulate. Temping gives you certainty.

In my case I used both but I know once I've seen the temp rise we can have a night off!!
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • edited 13 April 2016 at 12:25PM
    sexymousesexymouse Forumite
    6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 April 2016 at 12:25PM
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD19 angel11 - 4DPO :cool:
    CD18 Rachylou1981 - 5DPO :cool:
    CD17 Tinks05 - 6DPO :cool:
    CD35 cats2012 - 8DPO :cool:
    CD24 Keekee - 8DPO :cool:
    CD26 Milliebob - 11DPO :cool:
    CD24 sexymouse - 12DPO :cool:
    CD34 newthrift - 16DPO :cool:
    CD30 pinkmagpie - 17DPO :cool:

"If in doubt - BD" Zone

CD11 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 newcook - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 MancMama4 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 Meepmeep - Awaiting ov :o
    CD20 Apple1985 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD21 pink petal - Awaiting ov :o
    CD28 big5 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD28 the_insider - Awaiting ov :o
    CD30 Jojo_fry - Awaiting ov :o
    CD78 clarabell19894 - Awaiting ov :o

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD3 little angel - Awaiting ov :o
    CD4 Alex_88 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD4 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD4 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while

chocolatelover93

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon <3 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £374.50/£2020
  • MancMama4MancMama4 Forumite
    623 posts
    Hope the witch doesn't get you mouse, you're not out yet!

Meep temping is only good for letting you know you've definitely ov'd - unfortunately after the event, so no good for predicting when it will happen! Hopefully if your cycles settle into a rhythm you will get an idea of when normal ov is for you and can plan around that.

I love the idea of meeting at a hotel, might have to try that one to spice things up a bit! x
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16 :heart2:
  • MilliebobMilliebob Forumite
    248 posts
    Seventh Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Hi ladies,

I'm off on holiday for two weeks today, but I'll try and update you if/when AF arrives (due Saturday). Internet cheapy was negative yesterday morning and I'm not going to test again x
    Happiness can be found in even the darkest of places, if one only remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
    Happy Comper since Dec 2013
    Baby #1 Sept 2012
    Wedding 21st May 2015
    TTC Baby #2 since 5/15
  • Randomly I feel like I have ov pains today...surely impossible given the positive OPKs on friday and saturday, and the fact that I'm on CD21?! Maybe I'm just imagining it and it's something else entirely!? So I guess that would mean I didn't ov at all this month, is that normal??

Anyway, I'm off to London today for a work awards do so I'm just going to go and enjoy that and try not to think about it.

good luck everyone xx
  • newthriftnewthrift Forumite
    1.3K posts
    milliebob have a lovely two weeks

pinkpetal enjoy the work awards in London :)

Fingers crossed for some bfps
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Baby Boy Newthrift arrived July 2017 :heartpuls
  • cats2012cats2012 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    As a total aside - should we maybe start a new thread soon? This one is pretty long now and we could have a freshly list of users :-)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • Hi all

So after a bit of advise as not sure what is normal now.

This is the oddest period I have had a for a long time ( warning tmi coming up!) started with brown spotting then turned into the heaviest and most painful period I have ever known with large clots ( about the size of a 10p piece) I've read online that small clots are normal so now I'm worrying that something else is up seeing as my cycles have never settled since coming of the pill.

I also found out I have a vitamin d deficiency so should have prescription at pharmacy in a couple of days to pick up.

Good luck to all those I hope Af doesn't arrive! Millie have a lovely holiday :)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support