The NSD March Easter Egg Hunt Challenge!

edited 22 January 2017 at 8:53PM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
208 replies 10K views

Replies

• marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi fellow nsders.

I'm very sorry to say that I'm going to have to stop running the nsd challenge thread.You might have noticed that I'm having great difficulty updating and keeping up with people.I've got a lot of stuff going on just now,and I'm overwhelmed.I can't give it the attention it needs.

I do hope that someone can take over.Is anyone up for a try?
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    marmite

The time has come for you to step away from the thread. Don't feel bad about it, you have been an absolute star, stepping in when the previous thread leader had to leave. Since that time you have launched each month's challenge thread with a fresh new crazy theme, you have kept the scores and motivated us all with your Good Morning NSD Gang posts and pictures.

It is not easy sometimes when Real-life stuff is piling up but you make the effort to make an inspirational post only to get no response (usually because other thread members have their own Real-life stuff going on). It must feel like wading through treacle sometimes.

Anyway, your other life calls. Thank you so much for all your hard work and the laughs we have had along the way. I see you are now officially a laydee of lee-zure, which although being nice will have its own problems, finances usually being one of them. I hope you soon settle down to a new, more fulfilling life away from the MSE forums.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, NSD gang, we need a new thread leader. It has to be someone who can commit to logging in regularly, ideally once a day, to keep things moving and the motivation going. Due to the irregular nature of my shift patterns I cannot commit to that, but I am happy to be in a supportive role.

Threads evolve or die, and evolution is often a good thing. I joined this thread in 2009/2010? In that time members have come and gone but the light-hearted and supportive nature of the thread has remained. The ethos will always be the same, to get people to cut down on unnecessary spending and to keep control of their finances. The way we do that can change over time, and whichever brave person takes on the mantle of thread leader will have a free rein to launch the next month's challenge thread with a new theme, a new look and their own different take on it.

So, your mission is out there, should you choose to accept it.......who's up for being our new thread leader?
    One life - your life - live it!
  • MrsC....tobeMrsC....tobe Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    Marmite - you need to have a life outside MSE so if that need attention, go give it your time instead of giving your time to us.

I wish I could commit to taking it on, but unfortunately, my brain doesn't work as quickly when it comes to keeping everyone motivated and I go through fits and bursts of being on MSE.

I hope someone can help take it over and keep us all going.

My not so daily update is that I am now on 19/20 - just got to squeeze one more in and I will have hit my target! I'm not counting all the spends on Saturday as I will get every penny of that back next weekend!
    No longer ...tobe! Married 20/06/13
    MFW 2021 #117 £2015.40/£7000
  • jodles16jodles16 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday was be 19/20NSDs, I will be spending a little today though not sure about the next few days!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • HB_2027HB_2027 Forumite
    16 Posts
    Hi

I have 7 NSDs to add to the cauldron.This means I've achieved my target of 10 NSDs

The dates were 12,13,17,19,25,26 and today 28 March.

HB2027
    CREDIT CARD DEBTS Halifax 0% to August 17 ,£3,600.00
    Virgin 0% to September 17 £3,770.00
    TOTAL CREDIT CARD DEBT £7,300.00
    Mum's debt £2,500 TOTAL DEBT £9,800.00
    Emergency Fund £216.46/1000 PAYBDX 2016 No 60 NSDs March 10/10 April 0/10
  • Gem-gemGem-gem Forumite
    4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marmite, thanks for running this thread. Best wishes for the future.

I'm afraid that I am not in a position to take up the role as thread leader.

I've had two spendy days. Bought hubby a coat I the sale from £169 down to £63. I then used a £5 voucher and finally paid £58.

Happy bank holiday everyone.
    £2 Savers no.1 £260🎖🥉🥈🥇
    Save 12K in 2021 no 7.
    Declutter and clean for 2021 ⭐️ 🎖
  • MrsC....tobeMrsC....tobe Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    Well would you believe it, today is the day that I managed to squeeze in making me 20/20!!!!!

Abfab happy with that!!!:p
    No longer ...tobe! Married 20/06/13
    MFW 2021 #117 £2015.40/£7000
  • Rosa21Rosa21 Forumite
    15 Posts
    NSD today 14/15

Only 1 more to go
  • Gem-gemGem-gem Forumite
    4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have blown my NSD. Grrr!
    Bought hubby a chocolate egg sandwich (from Hotel Chocolate). It was 1/2 price.
    Eeek! I've only got two more days to hit my target.
    £2 Savers no.1 £260🎖🥉🥈🥇
    Save 12K in 2021 no 7.
    Declutter and clean for 2021 ⭐️ 🎖
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News