Catriona's Credit Card Countdown

edited 15 March 2013 at 9:41PM in Debt free diaries
680 replies 54.5K views

Replies

• catriona79catriona79 Forumite
    855 Posts
    Forumite
    Friday night at laaaaast! :D

Not an NSD today, oh no! We are getting a Chinese takeaway in the house and I'm looking forward to it loads!

I also spent some money (not much) today. 4 x 50p on reduced birthday cards in M&S
    And £1.30 on a pack of Welsh cakes (which I love)
    So that's ok!

Time to relax now!

Three days off, I am sooo glad. :)
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • Glad the new lodger is great :)

You make me feel so boring with your dating! I probably should get out more, but I'm focused on other things atm so can't be bothered ;) Or perhaps I'm just boring and prefer quiet nights in...
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • edited 12 March 2016 at 9:40AM
    catriona79catriona79 Forumite
    855 Posts
    Forumite
    edited 12 March 2016 at 9:40AM
    Glad the new lodger is great :)

You make me feel so boring with your dating! I probably should get out more, but I'm focused on other things atm so can't be bothered ;) Or perhaps I'm just boring and prefer quiet nights in...

:j hello ABA!!

Lovely to see you here. You're not boring, I'm dating tactically and out of a feeling of duty - because I'm so old and it's now or never!!!:eek::rotfl:

In any case, it's a bit like this

image.jpg1.jpg
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    855 Posts
    Forumite
    Some good news for me this morning, whoop whoop, I logged into the VO page and discovered that I had £11.50 credit in it! Not bad. I'll try to get it up to £20 and get a J Lewis voucher or similar. Tried 5 surveys today and got screened out of all of them - think this is why I gave up in 2010! Annoying!

Also, I've done the GfK media view surveys (daily TV viewing), but got no points, so gave up. Not doing it for free!;)

It's a lovely bright day and I'm still in bed! But right now, I'm going to get another coffee and stay in bed for a bit longer:)
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    855 Posts
    Forumite
    So, I have to say that working out my finances off the net worth amount has put a stop to me fiddling with the figures :rotfl:
    Before, my amount saved went up, but credit card bill went up also, even more! Now, there is nowhere to hide ;)
    At the moment I am at -£3,194 and am hoping that this will not go further by much. I'll have to pay £275 to extend the servicing for my mini for another 3 years, but that's worth it for having full service history. Then hopefully only about £120 more to be spent on fun and food. If I reign in my food spend, that will be fab. I have another £85 of my food budget left and another £120 of my fun budget. But hopefully, I won't spend it all. If I do, that's fine as well. It's Easter Sunday, so I may have to buy someone an Easter egg! ;) And maybe cook an Easter Sunday feast.
    Will be getting the lodgers a small egg each, think it would be a nice gesture.

Right, off to update my signature!
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    855 Posts
    Forumite
    Almost had a coronary when opened a letter from three, who were telling me "not to worry" as they hiked the price of my monthly contract from £14 to £30. Same service.

I rang them, and they offered me a cheaper deal, I decided on 8GB @£16/ month. Just in case someone gets a similar missive.

Ha! Do they know who they're dealing with!!? We are the MSE crowd!! :D
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    855 Posts
    Forumite
    Another day, another day closer to pay day! 11 days till L payday and 14 until work pay day. It hasn't dragged that much really. Though now I think it may start to!

My friend has returned another £300 of what I had lent her, so that only leaves £400. She's really amazing, no problems there.
    My other friend, the one who I had to ask after two years, if she was still going to pay me back, has apparently set up a direct debit for £40 every pay day. She's paid the first £40 last time. So hopefully that's on track.

Went on another date yesterday and again we spent the whole day together and I had a really good and interesting time. Meeting him up for coffee at 9.30 today!! He's really cool, I have to say. I really like listening to him and I respect his opinions. All really good. He even knows about passive investing and quantitative easing. I was impressed, as I have been slowly beginning to read up on that, to maybe start putting some money away. It seems that he's in a similar position, also trying to buy a house.

I sit there and listen to him and am finding him more and more attractive! Nothing like the previous man I dated. Who was very nice, but I just wasn't feeling it.

So now it's time to get up and go on that breakfast date! We shall see where it goes!
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    855 Posts
    Forumite
    Another day till work pay day - tomorrow. I've looked at all my accounts and have worked out my spends. I went over a little on food, so going to try harder next month. But no more spending for me now, this is it.

Two more expenditures to complete soon- 1. House insurance £190 and car service £275 for three years. This will mean that I won't be debt neutral at the end of April, but should definitely manage for the end of May, for my birthday.
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
  • How did the last date you mentioned go? ;)

I have been thinking about trying internet dating again — never really worked out in the past, as the only guy who was promising kept making excuses not to meet up — but not sure I can be bothered. It's worked very well for 2 of my best friends (one is married and the other is living with her partner), but maybe I'm destined to meet someone in a different way. Or to meet no one!
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
    855 Posts
    Forumite
    How did the last date you mentioned go? ;)

I have been thinking about trying internet dating again — never really worked out in the past, as the only guy who was promising kept making excuses not to meet up — but not sure I can be bothered. It's worked very well for 2 of my best friends (one is married and the other is living with her partner), but maybe I'm destined to meet someone in a different way. Or to meet no one!

Hello ABA,

Hehe re dating / dates. Everything seems to be going ok. Current date seems keen to see me often, and seems very interesting. There are a couple of things and I'm wondering whether my grandma is right and I'm too picky! Anyhow, I have a new date today - arranged a while ago, so I will go, despite the slight guilt. But no relationship talk has been had yet, and nothing really has happened apart from a few snogs - so am going to be relaxed about it. He seems to like me, but to also be one of the casual, slow and non-committal guys. So keeping an eye on that while pursuing other options.

I think internet dating is great for us introverts, it opens up a whole host of new opportunities. I would really recommend it, but to be used cautiously, obviously. Lots of men and women use it for casual sex, and if that's not what you're after (and I'm not) then it's good to know that most of them are actually really upfront about it. I use it as an introduction to people I'd never otherwise meet and it works well. I have peaks and troughs as mostly I can't be bothered to do the work, but every now and then I muster up enough energy.

The thing with the men who want to chat but are evasive when it comes to meeting seems to be a common theme, and has recently happened to L1 too. The trick is to not give anyone so much attention that you'd mind if you never met up. Keep lots of options open.
    I have learned that when they are really ready to meet women, they will arrange meetings, and when they are non-committal, it's because there's something else going on. Either with an ex, or someone new. I guess that's the downside of having a huge amount of choice.

If you do decide to date - good luck and try to have fun with it as much as possible. Xx
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum