Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

New Cahoot Online Banking Site

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

New Cahoot Online Banking Site

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
13 replies 7.3K views
Legacy_userLegacy_user
0 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Santander has revamped the Cahoot online banking site. As far as I can see it is pretty much the same as the Santander site but with Cahoot branding.

Why are they doing this? The Cahoot brand doesn't seem to be going anywhere and is closed to new customers. My thinking is that now the site is a mirror of the Santander site it would be a piece of cake to rebrand it to Santander and turn everyone's Cahoot account into a Santander account.

Any views on this?

Replies

• Chris2000Chris2000 Forumite
    318 posts
    ✭✭
    It's possible but seems unlikely now they have gone to the expense of creating a modified version of the website. There are more changes than just the logo.

I think cahoot was originally funded separately from the main abbey business via a securitised structure so they may need to keep it separate from the main bank.
  • jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    13.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the old site no longer met current security requirements so had to be moved or shut down and they decided to move.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • ceredigionceredigion Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting reedy to re launch ?
  • Doctor_DukeDoctor_Duke Forumite
    303 posts
    ✭✭
    Oh the memories, Cahoot, Egg, the original Marbles, Goldfish......
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The new site is effectively Santander, just like the Yorkshire Bank online banking site is exactly the same as the Clydesdale Bank site apart from the logo and colour scheme and one or two links. To make the jump to Santander they would now only need to change some very minor details. IMO it is either a transition or the first step of some sort of relaunch.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • PeacefulWatersPeacefulWaters Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cost control measure.
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Security needed to be tightened. A fraudster put £53,000 into my Cahoot account by rifling through other Cahoot customers accounts.
  • Gizmo247Gizmo247 Forumite
    491 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Cost control measure.

For sure. Santander seem to have finally come to the conclusion that no one wants to buy a toxic bank in this financial climate. Moving to a single feature-rich platform will reduce the face-to-face (not literally in this case) customer service requirement and allow staff to be trained on a single system. I presume Mobile App support will soon be possible too.

Who knows, with the rise of cloud banking, cahoot could make a come back but I suspect Santander will just let it fade away.
    MFiT-T3 #149: {Q4/14} (£46,447)-->(£0) ~ +£46,447=100%
    Mortgage Free: 1st October 2014 :j
  • Paul_1977Paul_1977 Forumite
    992 posts
    What part is new?
  • The new 'Cahoot' site is the reason I will be taking my 10 year custom elsewhere. It used to be so simple paying off your Cahoot Credit card... not now! The website has also been down so alot recently - the old Cahoot was great but since coming under Santander no thanks!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support