Holiday Insurance Who Should I Choose

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
6 replies 637 views
Richie_CRichie_C Forumite
76 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
So i'm going to Japan for 3 weeks from the 15th March and I cant decide who to take travel insurance with.

I'm thinking either AXA, Virgin Money or Santander.

I've looked at loads of reviews and Santander came out high in Which ratings.

Also I found the above to have good cover and at a good price from £50 - £60.

Are these companies a good choice? I know there are companies like LV but they want to charge £90.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many Thanks,

Rich

Replies

• jblessingjblessing Forumite
    145 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Personally, I would never use Axa. When the icelandic volcano went up, it took a year and the financial ombudsman to get them to pay up.
  • So should I porbably go with Santander, Virgin or First Direct?
  • edited 29 February 2016 at 11:27PM
    hucksterhuckster Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 February 2016 at 11:27PM
    Santander don't underwrite the policy. They just lend their brand to an Insurers. Same with Virgin Money. Which Insurers are they quoting with and check for online review/complaints.

Axa are not always known for offering a no hassle claims service.

I would suggest looking at companies who mainly provide Travel Insurance, rather than a brand name. Without knowing more details about your requirements it is difficult to suggest a company.

Any medical issues ?
    Any activities booked or looking to do ?
    Value of personal effects ? Highest value ?
    Packaged holiday or you have paid for different elements ?
    What age ?
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • I just want good cover for my trip with a company that has a good rep of paying out if something does go wrong
  • Torry_QuineTorry_Quine Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have taken it out as soon as the holiday was booked so.don't delay
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • hucksterhuckster Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ageas are known to be pretty good and they appear to currently underwrite the Tesco Travel Insurance policy.

STA Travel Insurance are also worth looking at.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides