Talk Talk ofering 'FREE for whole year'-should se take it?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
7 replies 906 views
zulianozuliano Forumite
105 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
Hello, we have received a letter-ad from 'Talk Talk. Let me copy what it says: 'This January we've got more than just your ordinary sale. It's The 100% off Fibre Broadband sale. That's right; enjoy superfast unlimited fibre broadband that's FREE for a whole year (£10 a month thereafter, 18 mth term) ...

Pocket £245 when you switch this January: It's easy to switch or upgrade to our totally unlimited fibre broadband and you'll save up to a whopping £245 vs BT, Sky and Virgin over your 18 month contract'

then overleaf they show a comparison between Talk Talk and BT, Sky and Virgin. Seeing we are with Virgin I will just focus on these two:

''Package [both ticked];
Online security [both ticked
Unlimited downloads [both ticked]
Monthly package cost: Virgin-£4.99 for 12 months £17.50 thereafter. Talk Talk FREE for a year, £10 thereafter.
Monthly line rental: Virgin £16.99. Talk Talk £17.70
Current average monthly total: Virgin £26.15. Talk Talk £21.03
Router charge: Virgin £0.00. Talk Talk £6.75'

Well, what do you think?

Replies

• iniltousiniltous Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are currently with Virgin, then you will need a 'Openreach' line installing, or re activating it get TT's service to your property, you may want to check what this costs and add it to any price comparison, but £60 for 18 months of 'fibre' broadband seems quite good, especially if you are not getting a discount on your VM broadband
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TT no sorry not a ISP i would ever consider .
    If TT go wrong then they have a habit of really going wrong .

Router charge from TT is for postage and you own it after the contract ends .
    VM router remains their property.
  • AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't got openreach fibre ATM you may need to pay £30-50 activation fee ?

Who are you with at present ?
  • Glad to see T/talk now appear to be giving offers for new customers. I hope to get a letter in the next few days and will use this to my advantage to renew my phone & b/band with Plusnet.
  • darren72darren72 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Just for info - TalkTalk normally charge £50 activation fee if you don't have a line, but credit your first bill with £50 making it effectively free - always read the small print on the letter though, as it will confirm if this is the case.
  • zulianozuliano Forumite
    105 Posts
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    TT no sorry not a ISP i would ever consider .
    If TT go wrong then they have a habit of really going wrong .

Router charge from TT is for postage and you own it after the contract ends .
    VM router remains their property.
    Thankyou for the warning!

But not sure what last sentence means?
  • zuliano wrote: »
    Hello, we have received a letter-ad from 'Talk Talk. Let me copy what it says: 'This January we've got more than just your ordinary sale. It's The 100% off Fibre Broadband sale. That's right; enjoy superfast unlimited fibre broadband that's FREE for a whole year (£10 a month thereafter, 18 mth term) ...

Pocket £245 when you switch this January: It's easy to switch or upgrade to our totally unlimited fibre broadband and you'll save up to a whopping £245 vs BT, Sky and Virgin over your 18 month contract'

then overleaf they show a comparison between Talk Talk and BT, Sky and Virgin. Seeing we are with Virgin I will just focus on these two:

''Package [both ticked];
    Online security [both ticked
    Unlimited downloads [both ticked]
    Monthly package cost: Virgin-£4.99 for 12 months £17.50 thereafter. Talk Talk FREE for a year, £10 thereafter.
    Monthly line rental: Virgin £16.99. Talk Talk £17.70
    Current average monthly total: Virgin £26.15. Talk Talk £21.03
    Router charge: Virgin £0.00. Talk Talk £6.75'

Well, what do you think?

SKY are currently offering free broadband for 12 months on a 12 month contract. Just pay line rental of £17.40 a month and there's a £20 one off fee to activate the line. Plus a £50 M&S voucher and there's also a £70.70 cashback offer from topcashback.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals