Talk Talk ofering 'FREE for whole year'-should se take it?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
7 replies 906 views
zulianozuliano Forumite
105 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
Hello, we have received a letter-ad from 'Talk Talk. Let me copy what it says: 'This January we've got more than just your ordinary sale. It's The 100% off Fibre Broadband sale. That's right; enjoy superfast unlimited fibre broadband that's FREE for a whole year (£10 a month thereafter, 18 mth term) ...

Pocket £245 when you switch this January: It's easy to switch or upgrade to our totally unlimited fibre broadband and you'll save up to a whopping £245 vs BT, Sky and Virgin over your 18 month contract'

then overleaf they show a comparison between Talk Talk and BT, Sky and Virgin. Seeing we are with Virgin I will just focus on these two:

''Package [both ticked];
Online security [both ticked
Unlimited downloads [both ticked]
Monthly package cost: Virgin-£4.99 for 12 months £17.50 thereafter. Talk Talk FREE for a year, £10 thereafter.
Monthly line rental: Virgin £16.99. Talk Talk £17.70
Current average monthly total: Virgin £26.15. Talk Talk £21.03
Router charge: Virgin £0.00. Talk Talk £6.75'

Well, what do you think?

Replies

• iniltousiniltous Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are currently with Virgin, then you will need a 'Openreach' line installing, or re activating it get TT's service to your property, you may want to check what this costs and add it to any price comparison, but £60 for 18 months of 'fibre' broadband seems quite good, especially if you are not getting a discount on your VM broadband
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TT no sorry not a ISP i would ever consider .
    If TT go wrong then they have a habit of really going wrong .

Router charge from TT is for postage and you own it after the contract ends .
    VM router remains their property.
  • AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't got openreach fibre ATM you may need to pay £30-50 activation fee ?

Who are you with at present ?
  • Glad to see T/talk now appear to be giving offers for new customers. I hope to get a letter in the next few days and will use this to my advantage to renew my phone & b/band with Plusnet.
  • darren72darren72 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Just for info - TalkTalk normally charge £50 activation fee if you don't have a line, but credit your first bill with £50 making it effectively free - always read the small print on the letter though, as it will confirm if this is the case.
  • zulianozuliano Forumite
    105 Posts
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    TT no sorry not a ISP i would ever consider .
    If TT go wrong then they have a habit of really going wrong .

Router charge from TT is for postage and you own it after the contract ends .
    VM router remains their property.
    Thankyou for the warning!

But not sure what last sentence means?
  • zuliano wrote: »
    Hello, we have received a letter-ad from 'Talk Talk. Let me copy what it says: 'This January we've got more than just your ordinary sale. It's The 100% off Fibre Broadband sale. That's right; enjoy superfast unlimited fibre broadband that's FREE for a whole year (£10 a month thereafter, 18 mth term) ...

Pocket £245 when you switch this January: It's easy to switch or upgrade to our totally unlimited fibre broadband and you'll save up to a whopping £245 vs BT, Sky and Virgin over your 18 month contract'

then overleaf they show a comparison between Talk Talk and BT, Sky and Virgin. Seeing we are with Virgin I will just focus on these two:

''Package [both ticked];
    Online security [both ticked
    Unlimited downloads [both ticked]
    Monthly package cost: Virgin-£4.99 for 12 months £17.50 thereafter. Talk Talk FREE for a year, £10 thereafter.
    Monthly line rental: Virgin £16.99. Talk Talk £17.70
    Current average monthly total: Virgin £26.15. Talk Talk £21.03
    Router charge: Virgin £0.00. Talk Talk £6.75'

Well, what do you think?

SKY are currently offering free broadband for 12 months on a 12 month contract. Just pay line rental of £17.40 a month and there's a £20 one off fee to activate the line. Plus a £50 M&S voucher and there's also a £70.70 cashback offer from topcashback.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals