I don't need another skinny Latte

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
673 replies 99.3K views

Replies

• Ali-OKAli-OK Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bargain spends - total is less than half of a pair of vari's in the UK I bet. You're right to take advantage :)

:rotfl: at the massage. Does sound a bit vigorous in places!

Safe journey back to Blighty next week with those loaded bags :D
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • SkinnylatteSkinnylatte Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Ali, I was very thankful for my expandable suit case!
    Pay off Car Loan £17,047 £10580 by Christmas 2022

Mortgage 1 @ 23/03/2019 [STRIKE]£101297[/STRIKE]
    £84457 16.6% DI [STRIKE]£6.95[/STRIKE] £6.15
    Mortgage 2 @ 12/04/2015 [STRIKE]£136121[/STRIKE]
    £100,546 26.1
    % DI [STRIKE]£9.13[/STRIKE] £6.07
    1st LBM 02/06/2013 £[STRIKE]21595[/STRIKE] Debt Free Day 27/03/2015

• edited 19 December 2015 at 11:47PM
    SkinnylatteSkinnylatte Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 19 December 2015 at 11:47PM
    So I haven't posted here for ages. Only because everything has been so up in the air and out of control I didn't know where to start. I did start one day but pressed the back button by mistake and deleted it all :mad:

So where do I start.....:undecided

DD - had a bit of bother. BF assalted her a few weeks ago, she said they had a fight. But 2 on lookers were concerned enough to phone the police. Police brought her home very up set and said they'd come back for a statement when she was in a better state. However she now says it was just a silly fight, however the police need a statement, even if its to say she doesn't want to press charges. She's avoiding them, they phoned yesterday to say if she doesn't get in touch soon they're going to charge her with wasting police time :mad: I haven't seen her since Thursday, and cant get in touch. (no phone)
    On the plus side, we have spent some really nice times together in the last few weeks, and she starts a new job in January with mencap, and has some bar work over christmas

DS - is loving his life right now. Although came home drunk last night for the first time ever. He was so dissapointed with himself he poured out a bottle of JD that was a birthday pressent and has declared to be tea total. He also cleaned his bed room :cool:
    He turned 17 a week ago, and has had 2 driving lessons (birthday pressy) he shouldn't need more than 5 according to his instructor :T
    He has £3k sitting in the bank, a baby bond I saved for him (see I wasn't that rubbish!) I have it in my bank, waiting to spend on his first car.

New home - is coming along nicely, Living room all plastered, painted and carpeted, and the fire is just gorgeous. The kitchen should be complete Monday (I have a dishwasher :T) then I just have the cupboard doors to paint.
    Amazingly I think I am still in budget.

When I moved in I inherited back my 2 cats. Love them to bits but forgot how expensive they are!! Need to insure them and get them to the vets for their jabs and a check up. Spent the first 2 weeks being allergic to them, but that seems to have settled down now thank fully

Christmas - got my £1k from the works savings scheme, such a brilliant way to save, It gets taken from our wages during the year and paid out in November. No doubt I could earn interest if it was in a savings account, but then I might spend it!
    DD has an iPhone (from me and Dad) and DS says he doesn't need anything so I think I'll just give him some money.

Bond - still haven't got it back grrrrr :mad: well thats a fib I have given him £40 toward cleaning, and have recieved £430, there is £360 still in dispute.

CC 'planned spend' is well in control, I have £1500 already put aside for it..

Pension - made no progress, I'm ignoring it

SOA - no idea what my new out goings are, haven't done an SOA yet and got a letter to day they didn't receive my last council tax payment, I thought there was a DD but I guess not, need to pay that. Haven't changed my address anywhere yet, or even had a minor spreadsheet fiddle, need to get a grip

Work - have seen another job I'm going to apply for, well actually was 'prompted' to apply for it, so I have a good change. No more money but a good opportunity, and possibley an extra benefits package. I've been in my present job 3 years now, and possibly time to move on.

Romance - nothing happening but have decided to join Tinder :eek: and am currently in conversation with an estates manager (gun wielding type) and a teacher.

If you got this far with out falling alseep, thank you for persevering! Wishing you a wonderful weekend xxx

£100,546 26.1

1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the weekend :eek:

I did get a lot done, not that any one could tell! Had to wash my car twice, it was so filthy it looked worse after the first attempt that it did before I started.

Spent an absolute fortune on defleaing and deworming stuff for the cats today, why is it so expensive??

Joiner is 1 day off finishing the kitchen, can't tell you how lovely it is, I just have the cupboard doors to paint next. Christmas week will likely be spent painting cuboards, window sills, radiators, furniture......

Bought a new duvet from Ald! I think my old one had gone as long as it was going to after 9 years, and it's actually cheaper to buy a new one that get them cleaned, got rid of the old one on FB to a couple who had just had puppies - well their dog had anyway:)

Still no sign of DD, will probably turn up at her Dad's tomorrow. I do worry, but the number of times I've called the police in the past and then she turns up, well you just get a bit desensitised to it. Will be a relief when she gets her new phone on Friday, at least I'll get the odd text!

I have mostly got my evidence together for the bond dispute, just need the receipt for the carpet cleaning, and it needs to go in the post tomorrow. Fingers crossed for me.

£100,546 26.1

• Ali-OKAli-OK Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning :D So much for no alarm, awake even earlier than normal!

Lots of great stuff happening and house is sounding fab - enjoyed your updates, keep 'em coming :)

Sorry to read about DD though, hope she turns up safe and well.

Bargain on the duvet :T

The car cleaning was a good workout - good saving on an exercise class or gymn :D

Are you buying the cat stuff online? Alot cheaper than vets or even Ald! had Fr0ntline in recently and Wilk0's too.

Good luck with the job application and kitchen painting :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas Ali :xmassmile

Yes DD turned up safe and sound as predicted as usual, perplexd at why any one might be worried :wall:

Christmas was lovely, time with friends and family.

I've about cleared my savings out now with christmas and house stuff, the emergency pot is still intact though! It's time to buckle down and get that CC back to zero.

I did apply for that job, and I have an interview on Jan 14th :j the only problem is, that we are due our bonus payout on 27th Feb, so I need to have a chat with some-one and see how it would effect that.

Not back at work until 4th, I'm going to set a side a day for a spring clean of my finances before I go back. jan 1st might just be a good day. I'm not planning to be drinking new years eve, so should have a clear head.

I had a very nice date last week, he seems, at the moment, to also think it was a nice date, and we have another on Monday :o

£100,546 26.1

1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    This week is put aside for finshing off unpacking and painting the kitchen, the joiner has now finished and I'm so delighted with the job he's done. I think we're in budget.
    Now I need to get the cupboards dunked of grease so I can paint them, any ideas?!
    I've bought some Annie Sloan paint for the doors, which apparently goes on really well, but the doors have to be super clean :eek:

My list for this week

1. Organise and clean conservatory
    2. Organise office
    3. Clean bedroom
    4. Degunk cupboard doors
    5. Paint cupboard doors
    6. Laquer cupboard doors

If I get all that done I'll be a very happy bunny....better crack on!!

£100,546 26.1

• BrogdenBrogden Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Now I need to get the cupboards dunked of grease so I can paint them, any ideas?!

Skinny - get some HG Kitchen 'Grease Away.'

I got mine in B&Q......brilliant :D.

It's Dutch but performs so much better than Dutch Managers of Manchester Utd :rotfl:!!!
  • safehousesafehouse Forumite
    710 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    As always Thankyou Skinny,
    The truth is now out and I feel better for it, still a mountain to climb but a weight lifted…………
    Like the idea of a spring clean on your finances, might just do the same and Ooh Good luck with your date this evening x
  • Eager_ElephantEager_Elephant Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    This week is put aside for finshing off unpacking and painting the kitchen, the joiner has now finished and I'm so delighted with the job he's done. I think we're in budget.
    I've bought some Annie Sloan paint for the doors, which apparently goes on really well, but the doors have to be super clean :eek:

My list for this week

1. Organise and clean conservatory
    2. Organise office
    3. Clean bedroom
    4. Degunk cupboard doors
    5. Paint cupboard doors
    6. Laquer cupboard doors

If I get all that done I'll be a very happy bunny....better crack on!!

When things are desperate and I need to remove grease I use Cillit Bang (they do a grease one and a limescale one).
    It can be quite strong if you spray too liberally so don't inhale:rotfl:

Glad the kitchen is coming together and you list looks like a good one - I am just pondering a to do list.