Why is this forum buried ?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
5 replies 1.5K views
densol_2densol_2 Forumite
1.2K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
I know I moaned about the name of the thread and grateful it got changed - but surely it should be up with the " work and benefits " portion ? Most questions are about money etc ?
Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
Been a member for ten years.
Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.

Replies

• DomRavioliDomRavioli
    3.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it isn't to do with money, benefits or work specifically. There are plenty of posts on here regarding specifics to disabilities that would not be able to fit into any other board.

Recent ones include care home fees (both self funding and LA funding, neither of which come under work or benefits), wheelchair ramps, disability aids, and CEA cards and other such discount schemes.

Maybe stop finding fault where there is none.
  • tomtontomtomtontom
    7.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is under "Who and Where are You?", alongside Students, Over 50's, Armed Forces etc. Seems like the right place to me.
  • Richie-from-the-BoroRichie-from-the-Boro Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    densol wrote: »
    I know I moaned about the name of the thread and grateful it got changed - but surely it should be up with the " work and benefits " portion ? Most questions are about money etc ?

Because it has nothing specifically to do with " work and benefits ". Those who want to post in, and have answer specific help on "Disability related Money Matters" need a sub group of forum users who know about and can answer questions on "Disability" not "work and benefits" related questions. Only this sub group of posters has that knowledge base, hence its title. The contributors here have an exceptional and selfless record over many years of responding in an effective and timely manner to a whole range of "Disability" related "Benefit" needs - gerrymandering a group without being thought through often alienates the target group and leads to unforeseen disastrous outcomes - leave it alone please - it works for the "Disabled" and has done for many years, those who are both "Disabled" and in "Work" are already catered for right here in this group.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • I hate having to scroll so far down to get to the only forum I look at. But ho hum, we can't always have what we want!
  • nannytone_2nannytone_2 Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate having to scroll so far down to get to the only forum I look at. But ho hum, we can't always have what we want!

tasily solved. just bookmark the disability page ...
    i have don't that with the benefits and tax credits board and i automatically log in yo yay board
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some

When you add £50 to gift card balance

MSE Deals