IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Smart Parking PCN for someone else's car

2»

Replies

• yotmonyotmon Forumite
    484 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Just had a look at the V888 form to be used by an individual to obtain info re' a vehicle from the dvla. It asks for the vehicle reg. no. Make and model and Colour - obviously to prevent wrong info being given out. I take it that these basic details are not asked for by the dvla from the PPCs. If not, why not ??
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There you have it Tim, everyone gives good advice. It depends how aggrieved you are to be threatened by these cowboys

ME, I would give Smart Parking the grief they deserve, how about you ???
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimble wrote: »
    I would wait until after the 56 days are up, doing the fellow driver a favor as they will be too late to chase him.

there is no 56 days

the OP should appeal it within 28 days and then not so Smart fail the 14 days to get the NTK to the RK

there was no windscreen ticket as its ANPR, so the 56 days doesnt apply, only the 14 day rule which will soon expire , in which case this OP should appeal around day 15 and certainly before 28 days has elapsed, in case Smart is so thick as to issue a popla code in which case POPLA can decide there is no case to answer
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redx wrote: »
    there is no 56 days

the OP should appeal it within 28 days and then not so Smart fail the 14 days to get the NTK to the RK

there was no windscreen ticket as its ANPR, so the 56 days doesnt apply, only the 14 day rule which will soon expire , in which case this OP should appeal around day 15 and certainly before 28 days has elapsed, in case Smart is so thick as to issue a popla code in which case POPLA can decide there is no case to answer

Hi redx these PPC's are not gods, they may think they are but what really is there to appeal ??? .... WRONG CAR, WRONG REG !
    JUST TELL THEM

Even to these cowboys, its not rocket science.

Why go to all the hassle when the cowboy's got it wrong. As I said, let them work it out, the onus is on them to prove.

Even if the OP goes to appeal, it does not let the cowboy off the hook, A letter to the DVLA asking why he has been threatened by Smart Parking is the answer and indeed query how the DVLA release such information
  • edited 30 November 2015 at 8:56PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 November 2015 at 8:56PM
    agreed, but in this murky world they do have form for pursuing the wrong people, so this OP needs to protect themselves by sticking to the appeal of "not my car guv" within the BPA CoP timeline of 28 days, yet one respondent on here has mistakenly told them its 56 days, which was the point of my new post

I already told the OP what to do in post #2

the point being that if Smart pursue this error with this OP he needs to protect himself and if necessary take it to popla where he can get it cancelled

never assume they will do "the right thing"

plus I dont know why you have replied to my post, my post set out the mistaken advice some people may have given in this thread, but this OP must appeal it with the complaint letter in previous replies , within 28 days, but maybe by doing so halfway through then NOT SO SMART cannot reissue it within 14 days of the event occurring, so POFA 2012 doesnt apply

THAT IS THE POINT

there is no 56 days in this case, never was , never will be

the OP would be very, VERY foolish to wait 56 days before appealing it

yes he should complain to the DVLA, maybe to the BPA as well, but in any case he needs to send his appeal in to Smart in good time , perhaps after 23 days of his letter, so before xmas

the fact is that this happened in october so more than 14 days have elapsed anyway, but if the original car had a windscreen ticket (which we dont know about) then he should wait a couple of weeks before appealing, taking it as close to his 28 days to appeal as possible , thereby taking the whole saga over 56 days

perhaps that is what grimble meant ?
    17.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redx wrote: »
    agreed, but in this murky world they do have form for pursuing the wrong people, so this OP needs to protect themselves by sticking to the appeal of "not my car guv" within the BPA CoP timeline of 28 days, yet one respondent on here has mistakenly told them its 56 days, which was the point of my new post

I already told the OP what to do in post #2

the point being that if Smart pursue this error with this OP he needs to protect himself and if necessary take it to popla where he can get it cancelled

never assume they will do "the right thing"

plus I dont know whay you have replied to my post, my post set out the mistaken advice some people have given in this thread, but this OP must appeal it with the complaint letter in previous replies , within 28 days, but by doing so halfway through then NOT SO SMART cannot reissue it within 14 days of the event occurring, so POFA 2012 doesnt apply

THAT IS THE POINT

there is no 56 days in this case, never was , never will be

the OP would be very, VERY foolish to wait 56 days

yes he should complain to the DVLA, maybe to the BPA as well, but in any case needs to send his appeal in to Smart in good time , but after 15 days from the event (or longer , but not 56 days)

the fact is that this happened in october so more than 14 days have elapsed anyway

Let's hope the OP fully understands this. no point in wasting his time with BPA, they may well conclude that Smarty pants are wrong, be amazed if they don't, that does NOT bring Smart into the focus of the DVLA and the licence they have to obtain info and that must be the biggest appeal/ query

The DVLA has one purpose, to register vehicles and drivers. It rightfully has the power to release details to authorities, but, even though, it does release personal info to unscrupulous companies without our permission. In this case Smart Parking have obtained the wrong information, how ... by paying the DVLA £2.50 ??

In a nutshell it is the government who allows this scam, whats new

The DVLA claim the £2.50 is just for covering the cost of this information. I wish I could run such a scam that would net me over £3million in a year, but you know, If I did a scam like this and on this scale, I would end up in prison.
    The DVLA IGNORE THE DATA PROTECTIONS ACT

What is DAVID CAMERON's government doing to protect us against
    this abuse ? NOTHING
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides