Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

edited 25 August 2015 at 3:36PM in Phones & TV
2.2K replies 479.1K views

Replies

• black_pawblack_paw Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    just got 50% off for 10months + 2 months normal , but told to phone at end 10 months to renew on new amount again ...so pleased with that
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • I gave up SKY about 6 months ago, and they write to me once a week at LEAST; desperately trying to tempt me back! :rotfl:

Hell will freeze over before I have SKY back.

Quite happy with my freeview. :) I wish I had ditched sky a couple of years ago actually. I hardly watched it really. Neither did my other half.
    cooeeeeeeeee :j :wave:
  • PitlanepigletPitlanepiglet Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    black_paw wrote: »
    just got 50% off for 10months + 2 months normal , but told to phone at end 10 months to renew on new amount again ...so pleased with that

Sky escalate complaints have confirmed to me that they won't match 50% offeres at month 10. If ask then to confirm that in writing now.
    Piglet
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    black_paw wrote: »

And you believed them?

You're in a 12 months contract. What negotiating power do you think you'll have at the end of your 10 months?
  • Just been through to disconnections at sky, lady offered me 33% off for 5 years with min term 12 months, or 10 months 50% off with 2 months at full price. To clarify this means 2 months at full whack before you can be considered for another deal.

Said no to both and gave notice, she said that these offers have now been wiped from my account. Perhaps I have shot myself in the foot.

I wonder how long it will be before they ring me up :). Just as well I can play poker!
  • superbigal36superbigal36 Forumite
    734 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    The post above is identical to me.
    My online account showed 50% of any Tv package for 12 months within 2 minutes.
    That then transpired to a negotiated 50% of TV, 50% of HD, 50% ofMultiscreen and £50 credit as well within 2 minutes of livechat.
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that members with a number of posts to their credit are still falling for the 50% off for 10 months, then negotiate offer.
  • quoitquoit Forumite
    55 Posts
    My current 12 month 60% Sky discount ends on 27th December, so I phoned up today to cancel. Was late in cancelling so will have to pay full subscription price for a day or two :)

Current 60% off deal was £44.70 pcm
    Family, Sports & Movies - £28.20
    HD Pack - £5.25
    Multiscreen - £11.25

Was offered one of those 10 month deals for £49.12 pcm (strange monthly price!!) then told to phone after 10 months to renegotiate. Thanks to the advice from members on this forum, I wasn't falling for that contractual trick and politely said no thanks.

My switch off date is 28th December. Just checked my Sky account online and there's already an offer of 50% off any package, though that offer is not quite as generous as the one above (£51.75 pcm according to my calculations).
  • knightstyleknightstyle Forumite
    6.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have been with them for a year, (just to get a box for France) so I rang to say I was leaving and got a deal for £30.12 a month, line rental, unlimited BB, anytime talk, basic TV package.
  • PitlanepigletPitlanepiglet Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I'm surprised that members with a number of posts to their credit are still falling for the 50% off for 10 months, then negotiate offer.

It's not unreasonable for customers to rely on the infuriating that they are given by a company.
    Piglet