Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

edited 13 October 2017 at 1:22PM in Flight Delay Compensation
3.7K replies 625.4K views

Replies

• mochyn88mochyn88 Forumite
    142 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I was in exactly the same position as you last month.
    Same story but when I had received my cheque you could see the timeline.
    Cheque issued as per email within 14 working days, letter accompanying cheque issued 7 days later, letter then posted by second class mail which took another 7 days to arrive.
    I Emailed them every day but they would not reply.
    They just took their sweet time to send cheque
    Hope this helps
  • Passengers flying with Ryanair will soon be able to get a legally binding decision on flight delay gripes...
    Read the full story:

Ryanair passengers to be able to complain to Ombudsman Services

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • I didn't realise our very own Dr Watson had taken on a new role, sadly I fear not.

It's the new ombudsman service set up and paid for by the airlines to police themselves. My own cynicism would suspect that passengers will be fobbed off with vouchers that fall far short from the passengers legal rights that are due under EC261/2004, or perhaps it's my old age that's made me so suspicious, only time will tell rather than any previous experience with airlines and their respective solicitors that I purport to have.

We will see, somehow I feel Dr Watson will still have a job to do.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Went through Resolver for a delay of 6.5 hrs with Ryanair . Got a reply stating they were ready to pay me 800 euros as delay was due to double booked flight. That was back on 7th Nov and they asked for bank details and would be within 14 working days. Funny how this expires tomorrow and i just received email saying the case was resolved (again) and payment will be within 28 working days . Has anyone been actually paid by them?
  • ffiscoolffiscool Forumite
    29 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have now had the amount told to me and that I should get it within 6 weeks. Sent bank account details off to Bott so hoping its sooner. I know a lot in fees, but worth it to me
  • michaelhwmichaelhw Forumite
    4 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    my experience of their customer handling system isnt very good, it is very one sided and automated and they keep telling me that my complaint has been resolved - it certainly hasnt but i cant actually contact a person just the computerised system.

does anyone had a contact email for either the chief executive or someone senior please?

thanks

Michael
  • michaelhw wrote: »
    my experience of their customer handling system isnt very good, it is very one sided and automated and they keep telling me that my complaint has been resolved - it certainly hasnt but i cant actually contact a person just the computerised system.

does anyone had a contact email for either the chief executive or someone senior please?

thanks

Michael

You can live webchat with a CS rep, the link is on their website. You can email the transcript to yourself then so you have a record of the conversation.
  • I'm still waiting for my compensation. 20 working days now when they said up to 14.
  • And Ryanair has the cheek to join the new ombudsman site
  • TyzapTyzap Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    robbieray wrote: »
    And Ryanair has the cheek to join the new ombudsman site

Yes, and I doubt its because they see it as fair and honest scheme for the passenger.

AFAIK they are the only airline to join the scheme so far, which makes it even more suspicious.:(
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.