IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Received private parking ticket while parked on public highway

Replies

• tablet with camera , and memory card , and upload , if you want to send the scan to me , I will blank your details and put it on tinipics etc , PM me an email address , and I will reply , then send it as a attachment by email , as large as you can please
  • edited 7 October 2015 at 9:13PM
    CastleCastle Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 7 October 2015 at 9:13PM
    Other interesting facts are that there's no Devon Parking Agency Ltd listed at Companies House and they don't appear to be registered with the ICO either.

The website address was only registered on 27th September 2015!
  • discat11discat11 Forumite
    515 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Forumite
    I think the statement they've made makes it quite clear this is a 'speculative invoice'

'The Client(s) agree that any payment to Devon Parking Agency is classed as a donation to the company instead of a legal required payment.'

i.e. don't want to make a donation to them? Don't pay it. simple as.
    It's about as legally enforceable as a seagull sending you a bill for !!!!!!!! on your car.
  • discat11 wrote: »
    I think the statement they've made makes it quite clear this is a 'speculative invoice'

'The Client(s) agree that any payment to Devon Parking Agency is classed as a donation to the company instead of a legal required payment.'

i.e. don't want to make a donation to them? Don't pay it. simple as.
    It's about as legally enforceable as a seagull sending you a bill for !!!!!!!! on your car.

however , are they allowed to impersonate counsil employees ? , uniform , vans PDA,s etc etc and on a public road ?

I would go in as "Mr gullable" to your counsil and ask to pay it
  • ParkieParkie Forumite
    28 Posts
    As if there aren't enough problems with "legitimate" scammers in the parking industry without more shysters crawling out from under stones that people have to go into bat against :wall:
  • are the terms and conditions ie: "'The Client(s) agree that any payment to Devon Parking Agency is classed as a donation to the company instead of a legal required payment.' clearly shown on the ticket? , if not this is getting close to obtaining money by fraudulent means
  • RedactedRedacted Forumite
    99 Posts
    Forumite
    are the terms and conditions ie: "'The Client(s) agree that any payment to Devon Parking Agency is classed as a donation to the company instead of a legal required payment.' clearly shown on the ticket? , if not this is getting close to obtaining money by fraudulent means

No, it doesn't say that on the ticket, only on the T&C's on the website. On the ticket it says:

Failure to pay the full amount within 28 days from the date of issue may result in your vehicle licensing details being requested from the DVLA and debt recovery action may be pursued at which time additional charges will be applied. In addition, court action may be taken against you. Court costs and bailiff costs may also be added. In the final stages the court may instruct a bailiff to remove and sell your goods in satisfaction of the sum owed.
  • well take them up on there offer to contact the DVLA , and tell us if they send any more correspondence addressed to you at the address on your V5.

if they obtain your details , then they and whoever supplied it are in deep *hit.

a company that is a member of an ATA can ask for your details , but are NOT allowed to pass this on to a non ATA member .

if they get your info , you can ask the DVLA to tell you who applied
  • RedactedRedacted Forumite
    99 Posts
    Forumite
    well take them up on there offer to contact the DVLA , and tell us if they send any more correspondence addressed to you at the address on your V5.

if they obtain your details , then they and whoever supplied it are in deep *hit.

a company that is a member of an ATA can ask for your details , but are NOT allowed to pass this on to a non ATA member .

if they get your info , you can ask the DVLA to tell you who applied

That's useful to know, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ask An Expert: Rewind

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals