Energy Price Cap announcement: Watch Martin Lewis explain what it means for your electricity and gas bills this winter

Morrisons Match & More is changing

in Gone off!
73 replies 13.5K views

Replies

• This is a big blow to be honest. I made a point of shopping at Morrison since with the card I could guarantee a regular voucher (generally about once a month) and they were price-matching with everyone, even Lidl and Aldi, so I knew I was getting the best possible deal. Now it's just another stupid loyalty card. My nectar card has been running for years and I've not seen a penny from them it seems.

M&M was a great system too, with the voucher being given to you at the checkout - went straight in the wallet for next time. Tesco post out their vouchers and send you a 14pence price match voucher by email which they know you'll probably forget about.
  • 20102010 Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    newbie1980 wrote: »
    what you think asdas apg system is
    its a gimmick and only if you put receipt into the system

You quoted me but obviously didn`t read me.
    APG is nothing to do with points.
  • Morrisons are treating customers with the same level of contempt they do when they let queues build up! Its my nearest shop but now they are building a Lidl between us and Morrisons.......no brainer.

To remove the price comparison and go to a poor copy of clubcard just shows the trouble they are in. They will soon be losing the bulk of my supermarket business.

Its a much much worse deal than the original model and we are back to their ABC card which failed badly. Wonder if they will drop the "match" from "match and more". Not sure "and more" rolls off the tongue :-)
  • Morrisons Match & More was a win-win for me. We have Morrisons, Lidl and Coop so no chance of shopping elsewhere.
    When the system changes we will be no worse off than before except that the points per litre dropped from 15 to 10 some time ago.
    We have £95 worth of vouchers collected up ready to spend at Christmas and we are likely to get another voucher before the system changes.

It was good while it lasted :)
  • Morrisons is axing its supermarket price comparison scheme from 2 November...
    Read the full story:

Morrisons shoppers dealt blow as it axes supermarket price match scheme

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • edited 6 October 2015 at 2:47PM
    michaelsmichaels Forumite
    27.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 6 October 2015 at 2:47PM
    Presumably they will have to rebrand all the cards as '_&more' otherwise they are breaking the trades description rules.....

Edit: And I agree saying you are stopping price matching because your customers found it too complicated is contemptible. WE get enough of that sh*t from our politicians, do we really need it from our supermarkets?
    I think....
  • davidgmmafandavidgmmafan Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I agree they are perfectly within their rights to change the scheme and it probably was too generous but the point is I simply don't believe them. As others have said it doesn't say a lot for their customers if they not only didn't understand but also told the company they were thick...
    Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport known to mankind and anyone who says it is 'a bar room brawl' has never trained in it and has no idea what they are talking about.
  • bellbell Forumite
    365 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    I always shopped at Aldi and only went to Morrisons for things I couldn't get at Aldi or were not good quality 9n Aldi (their bananas are crap).

Still managed to generate about £35 in vouchers over the last year. Based on the normal spend I do at the shop, it'll take me a good 10 months for each fiver now.

They've axed it because they are to expensive. I've seen me make 3700 points in a single £20 shop, that's £3.70 more expensive than elsewhere.
    Total Value of wins in 2009: £900 appox. 2010: £730
    Wins 2011: Carlisle Utd Tickets (twice!), Baby Food Hamper, Straighteners, Chugginton Toy
  • FrogletFroglet Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have always defended Morrisons,saying they are very reasonable and have lots of offers and choice.

But shopped there yesterday and I could not believe the number of items they have increased the price on!

The worst was a box of their own brand decongestants which I buy regularly as I get a lot of sinus problems and they work well.I used to pay 65p for a box of 12.Yesterday they had gone up to £1 a box !! That is about a 55% increase!!

I don't mind the change in the points system as much as I hate the drastic jump in so many items.I thought they kept telling us that the cost of food items are still falling.I still prefer them to Tesco but I am tempted to shop at tescos more often now.
  • A._BadgerA._Badger Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Froglet wrote: »
    I have always defended Morrisons,saying they are very reasonable and have lots of offers and choice.

But shopped there yesterday and I could not believe the number of items they have increased the price on!

The worst was a box of their own brand decongestants which I buy regularly as I get a lot of sinus problems and they work well.I used to pay 65p for a box of 12.Yesterday they had gone up to £1 a box !! That is about a 55% increase!!

I don't mind the change in the points system as much as I hate the drastic jump in so many items.I thought they kept telling us that the cost of food items are still falling.I still prefer them to Tesco but I am tempted to shop at tescos more often now.

I agree with Froglet. Before defecting (largely) to Aldi, Morrisons was my choice - both for variety, quality (their meat has always been excellent) and price. I now use Morrisons like I use Waitrose or M&S, for top-up shopping, but I agree that Morrison's prices seem to be rising and Tesco is starting to look like better value (which is a horrible though as I really dislike Tesco).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy Price Cap change

Martin Lewis on what it means for you

MSE News

Best £1 you've ever spent?

Share your most impressive bargains

MSE Forum