Moving a PEP & Isa

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
2 replies 906 views
ianandrewianandrew Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
It has taken me some time to get to this page (A virgin moneysavingexpert). Can someone tell me what I can do with a pep and isa that have been invested in shares for some years now and I would like to transfer them into "something" that will give me a tax free income instead of watching them go up and down. Thanks to anyone who can help. ianandrew


  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You can "transfer" them into a PEP/ISA which is less volatile to match your current attitude to risk and can provide a regular income to suit your goals.

    You should not encash the PEP/ISA as the transfer takes place behind the scenes. Your new PEP/ISA provider, which offers suitable funds, will issue the transfer application for you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Many thanks for your advice. My existing manager does not appear to offer other funds and I didn't want to appear "thick" by asking him something that "we all know" you cannot do !!!. I will ask him now what he thinks are the best funds for the transfer. Thanks again ianandrew
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Reclaim payday loans

Get £100s or £1,000s back for being mis-sold

MSE Guides

25% off Dyson eBay outlet

Selected items, via code

MSE Deals